Just acquired my first viper

Mtakacs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently just purchased my first viper. It’s a 2005 gen 3. I want to get all the fluids changed and have the car completely looked over to see if it needs anything. Also has an open recall on it. I live in Omaha Nebrsaka, I have heard and read nothing but great things about woodhouse. Was just curious for some input. Thanks!

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woodhouse probably sold more Vipers than any other dealership. Guessing there are still a number of folks there that are very familiar with Vipers.

Congrats on the new Viper! (Looks like you picked the fastest color too.)

OP
OP
Mtakacs

Mtakacs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you! Looking forward to taking the car up to them here soon! Any recommendations on fluids? Oil, trans, diff. I don’t plan on tracking the car. Maybe next year out in Hastings but for now it’ll just be a cruiser. Maybe just stick with what’s recommended by dodge?

Old School

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations on your purchase.

A couple things I'd do immediately are check to see if you have the infamous "birdcage" retaining clip on the clutch linkage and eliminate the trans skip shift.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations on your purchase.

A couple things I'd do immediately are check to see if you have the infamous "birdcage" retaining clip on the clutch linkage and eliminate the trans skip shift.
The clutch linkage on my car broke last month.

Fixed it myself in about 10 minutes (and I'm not particularly handy.) The replacement clip cost $22. Cheapest fix ever on my Viper.

If you're not tracking the car, the standard fluids are fine.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you! Looking forward to taking the car up to them here soon! Any recommendations on fluids? Oil, trans, diff. I don’t plan on tracking the car. Maybe next year out in Hastings but for now it’ll just be a cruiser. Maybe just stick with what’s recommended by dodge?
If you don't have records of current services, I'd say replace all you listed, plus the coolant. People overlook regular coolant flush and changes.

Woodhouse is very Viper savvy, ask them to go over the car completely. Even if your Viper has low mileage, its still 18 years old and parts and pieces age out (bushings. etc.) They will be very fair on pricing. Bill Pemberton who's on these forums is semi retired but a long time Woodhouse employee and a great asset to Viper owners. Try to reach out to him too and he'll make sure you are taken care of.

Old School

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Birdcage thread:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala