Clutch Pedal Linkage Just Broke

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Driving my 2004 SRT-10 home today.

Pressed in the clutch, something snapped, and it went all the way to the floor. No more connection between the pedal and the clutch. Just a floppy pedal.

Got home, found this broken piece of plastic in the footwell.

I'm going to have to remove the seat to get in there and see what's going on, but could it be that this little fragile piece of plastic was holding my clutch linkage together?

Attachments

• Clutch Clip.jpg
    Clutch Clip.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
Kai SRT10

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found the rest of the broken piece.

It's a plastic bushing that connects the pedal assembly to the clutch linkage.

Anyone have any idea where I can get a replacement for this?

Attachments

• Clutch Part.jpg
    Clutch Part.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
Kai SRT10

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found a replacement part at one of the local Dodge dealers.

(First couple of dealers I talked to said I was going to have to buy the whole $1600 pedal assembly to get the part.)

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Glad you managed to find one at a dealer. I recognized the "cage" sort of clip that holds things on. It's a weird one because it doesn't really connect the pedal and linkage so much as just hold the cross bolt in place. Shouldn't really see that much stress I wouldn't think, wonder why it let go.

Old School

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The "birdcage" clip is notorious for failing (mine did). Chrysler used 2 different clutch attaching clips during Viper production. The good one is the metal clip and nylon bushing:

04581512AA Clip
04446361 Bushing

I would recommend anyone with a newly acquired Viper crawl under the dash and check, if you see plastic, get the metal ones from your dealer. They are common parts used in Jeeps.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
The "birdcage" clip is notorious for failing (mine did). Chrysler used 2 different clutch attaching clips during Viper production. The good one is the metal clip and nylon bushing:
04581512AA Clip
04446361 Bushing

I would recommend anyone with a newly acquired Viper crawl under the dash and check, if you see plastic, get the metal ones from your dealer. They are common parts used in Jeeps.

Good to know, thanks! I'll have to check mine out one of these days with all the miles I've got on my car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave