Charity Cruise Calgary-Banff Sept 23rd

racerjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I came across this charity cruise and plan on attending. weather should be beautiful. Thinking of leaving the top at home.

Direct Quote from another car site.

"Drive for a Home", that's what this charity drive is all about. Most of us go home after work and forget that some families do not even have a roof over their heads, and that's not right. Habitat for Humanity makes a huge difference in providing homes for families that need them. Let's help them out by driving our cars and raising money at the same time! Here are the details:

A nice cruise from COP out to the Banff Springs for brunch. We have the courtyard reserved and I've talked to the weather gods and they say it will be nice weather!!
Check out www.calgarysportscars.ca for all the info.
Minimum $75 donation per car and those wishing to stay for the brunch will pay for that on their own (approx. $40/person for brunch).
ALL proceeds go to Habitat.

Date: Sunday Sept 23
9am: meet at COP
9:30am: drive to Banff Springs
11:00-1pm: brunch!

Here is a list of acceptable cars:
-Aston Martin
-BMW M Cars
-Mercedes AMG cars
-Audi R8/S Cars
-Ferrari / Maserati
-Lamborghini
-McLaren, Bugatti (had to put that in there!!)
-Domestics: Viper, Corvette, Camaro
-Porsche cars
-Nissan GTR
-Lotus
-Bentley/Rolls Royce
-All other exotics are welcome

We have to limit it to these cars since we have a 100 car limit. And really, it's a 'sports car charity drive'! Hope to see everyone there!!

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$75.00 seems a little low for cars that start at $100,000.00 and pass a million. Maybe they should make it worth while and start at $500.00 since they are limiting it to 100 cars. $50,000.00 would make sense for the caliber of cars.:dunno:

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I asked if out-of-towners could join in and just got an invite from Paul Neider. Anyone up for the cruise. What and where is COP in Calgary? There will be a police ****** out of Calgary.

OP
OP
R

racerjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
COP is Canda olympic park the ski hill in calgary. Is on the west end of the city right on highway 1. I'd show you the google map thing but i dont know how to do it. If you look it up it will show you where its at.

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd love to go but I have stuff to do in Edmonton Saturday night, and no way I can be up early enough to get to Calgary on Sunday morning.

OP
OP
R

racerjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet, See you guys at COP ill be there at 9.

Coming from red deer take stoney trail west, It will go nearly right to the ski hill. You will see the main ski jump long before you get there.

OP
OP
R

racerjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a pretty good time. Great drive there and back (except for Ron). There was 22 cars and made for a good group. It was a bit unorganized but the bossman said he had it all booked up then another car group paid $2500 to bump us out of the way and get the good parking lot as well as our resevations for lunch, so we had to wait about an Hour to eat, and parked in the main traffic circle in front of the hotel.

They said we raised $2960 for the Habitat for humanity charity :2tu: