Chased by the Georgia Highway Patrol................

Don Hiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well not really chased, but here's what happened...................

I was on my way to Kennesaw, Georgia on Friday, August 19th. Just south of Rome, Georgia, I crested a hill to see at least 30 Georgia Highway Patrol cars lining both sides of the 4 lane highway. They were stopping traffic going both ways at a stoplight. Since I had to take a ****, I pulled into the right lane to make a right into a service station. I stopped and asked one of the officers what they were doing. He indicated that licenses were being checked.

Since I have a '94 with Vmania windows, I knew that I'd have to pull further over into the parking lane in order to open my door. As I pulled forward, 3 officers began to yell "STOP" and ran towards me. I realized that they didn't understand that my windows don't drop and thought I was making a run for it. All 3 of them converged on my car and demanded to know why I had attempted to avoid the roadblock.

As I emerged from the car, I think they realized that my windows are fixed and I couldn't show them anything without opening my door first.

I don't know what they were looking for, but I've never been accused of looking like a terrorist.

Anyway, my license was checked and the officer said I was good to go.

I'm sure similar situations have arisen with others in '92- '96 RT/10s, but this was a first for me.

Don

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of people jump curbs, make U-turns, park, etc. to avoid roadblocks. You seemed like one of them to the cops. Next time just let the situation unfold normally. They can hear you thru' the windows. All you need is one triggerhappy basturd and you are their roadkill.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crystal clear violation of Fourth Amendment, these kinds of roadblocks and stops....
Grey area, Terry stops are permitted... Is this considered a terry stop? SToping searching for contraband, etc is. But I don't think there is nothing against stopping a person to check for name, etc but they MUST be allowed to be released once that is done.

G

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Print a copy of the 4th amendment and keep it inthe glove box, next time youget stuck in a roadblock hand it to the cop instrad of your license.............let me know how that works out for you! lol

but i agree its a flagraunt violation of the 4th

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
In LA, if you move your car after an officer shouts "stop", they will claim their life was threatened (no matter where they are standing) and unload their clip on you. Happens everyday...

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well not really chased, but here's what happened...................

I was on my way to Kennesaw, Georgia on Friday, August 19th. Just south of Rome, Georgia, I crested a hill to see at least 30 Georgia Highway Patrol cars lining both sides of the 4 lane highway. They were stopping traffic going both ways at a stoplight. Since I had to take a ****, I pulled into the right lane to make a right into a service station. I stopped and asked one of the officers what they were doing. He indicated that licenses were being checked.

Since I have a '94 with Vmania windows, I knew that I'd have to pull further over into the parking lane in order to open my door. As I pulled forward, 3 officers began to yell "STOP" and ran towards me. I realized that they didn't understand that my windows don't drop and thought I was making a run for it. All 3 of them converged on my car and demanded to know why I had attempted to avoid the roadblock.

As I emerged from the car, I think they realized that my windows are fixed and I couldn't show them anything without opening my door first.

I don't know what they were looking for, but I've never been accused of looking like a terrorist.

Anyway, my license was checked and the officer said I was good to go.

I'm sure similar situations have arisen with others in '92- '96 RT/10s, but this was a first for me.

Don

Never have and issue with my windows, they are never in.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not exactly on the subject, but still interesting. As I was on my way back from the Viper meeting in Kennesaw (same one that Don was on his way to when he had his trouble) we were in Forsyth, GA about 8:30. I looked up in my rearview mirror and saw a sea of blue lights. About that time, a Ford Taurus goes screaming by us. I was running about 80, i'd guess he was doing 130mph. Then no less than 15 GSP, Forsyth PD and Henry County police cars go by us all running about the same speed. It was really amazing to watch. I was nearly out of gas so I stopped at the next exit to fill up. I ran into a fellow co-worker and he told me on the on ramp 1 exit down they had another 10-15 cop cars lined up just waiting on the Taurus to go by. According to the news, the Taurus got off at that exit (thus making the 10-15 cops on the entrance ramp look kinda dumb). The police caught up to him, performed the PITT maneuver and he ended up going into a utility pole. Last I heard, he was in critical condition at the hospital. Police havent released his name but did say he was a former convicted felon and was being pulled over for illegal window tint and no car tag (car actually had a dealership tag on it) when he decided to run.

Hollywood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha! No less than 2 minutes after reading all of these posts, I see a commercial put on by the NC police about cracking down on drunk drivers at "checkpoints". Good stuff...

womsterr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in Kennesaw and your right the GA State police are COMPLETELY out of hand. It absolutely nuts what they are attempting to do.

I received my first ticket in years a couple months ago from the GA State police. When he told me how fast I was going I (politely) asked if I could see it on radar. His response was to ask me if I was some kind of wise guy...crossed out 74 miles an hour and wrote in 84 miles an hour! He gave me the ticket and I asked again if I could see it. He said he didn't get me his partner did (BS!). I asked him what the judge would say when I went into court and told him why the ticket was all marked up with crossouts. That sent this mal adjusted person over the edge and I decided to just shut it from there.

End result. I had to go to court. I told the judge and the DA what a nut the cop was and here's my proof. They knocked it down to some minor infraction. $50 bucks and no points.

01RedCognacRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good link!

That's why we call them PIGS.

And that's why people like you are nothing more than ignorant fools. Thanks for supporting your local law enforcement, I'm sure they appreciate your sentiments...

Regards,

Dave S
01 RT/10 :usa:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good link!

That's why we call them PIGS.

And that's why people like you are nothing more than ignorant fools. Thanks for supporting your local law enforcement, I'm sure they appreciate your sentiments...

Regards,

Dave S

Count me in as one of the "ignorant fools" 'cause I don't support the azzholes either. Overzealous, ignorant, skinhead, bully-wanna-bees is all they are. If you want me to change my opinion of them then start with the Chief of Police, 'cause it all filters down from there.

When I was 20 I thought most cops were halfway decent and used some common sense. 25 years later they'd be Nazis if they could get away with it. Now, how is it a 45-year-old that once had a positive opinion about cops, has now done a complete 180?

gthomas

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peoples Democratic Republic of New Jersey
In LA, if you move your car after an officer shouts "stop", they will claim their life was threatened (no matter where they are standing) and unload their clip on you. Happens everyday...

Regards,

Dave S

It has gone both ways for me regarding cops.

However, it is not my responsibility to give them evidence. It is not against the law to not cooperate with them, only to lie to them. I also do not have to give up my rights.

Have evidence I am DUI/DWI, arrest me, plain and simple. I will gladly do a breathalyzer test at the station, but I would never do a roadside test. PERIOD!!!! It is designed to make you fail.

My sister got pulled over, she had a handmade tequila bottle that was bone dry. The only reason she did not get arrested was because she did not have the alcohol smell on her breathe. The judge threw out the open container tickets and all others related to the incident.

And BTW, I have voluntarily cooperated when I have been witness to crimes. That doesn't mean I have to cooperate when they have no evidence against me and are trying to come up with anything to get me.

Yes, it is a conspiracy, and had you bothered to pay attention to the asset foreiture laws and how they have been/are being abused, you would see that as an institution, the coppers only want more green.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think a lot of it has to do with gas prices. Most cities and states have to keep those patrol cars on the road, mowers cutting grass, paving the streets, running the firetrucks etc. So how do they come up with enough cash to offset the increase in the price of fuel? I think one of our local mayors said it this way: ' just write every f*ckin ticket you can, if I see you without someone pulled over, yer fard '

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Ab is over the line, but I can understand his frustration so i'm not judging him. I've also been mad enough at a cop to wish him dead before. I respect cops, but I feel the ones who hide all day long and just wait on speeders to come by, need to get a real job. If you are out protecting innocent people's lives and arresting drug dealers, murderers, etc., yes, you are an everyday hero. But if you spend your day writing speeding tickets and harassing people b/c of the type car they drive, skin color, gender, etc. please find a new career and leave us innocent people alone.

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And speaking of Georgia-- my son (19) got 14 tickets from one rinky dink town near our home. Met with the Chief who threw them all out. Once on a stop, **** cop threatened to shoot my son! Since this was video and audio recorded ( blues were on) the Chief had no option but to fire the pos. Cops are mostly uneducated unskilled bullies. AB- is over the line-- yes. I got a ticket on hwy 16 to Savannah many years ago-- GSP. Pulled my Mercedes out of line and wrote me. I also asked for the radar reading and was told "I've already reset it). Here in Georgia they put the Counties of resisdence on the plate so the cops know if you might come back to dispute the summons. 115.00 later it was paid.

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its true, cops are the guys in school who never got any XXXSY, so they are taking it out on you, how do I know, my brother is one, he was an ***** then & still is. i remember him arresting some single mom on Xmas eve for an oustanding warrent on PARKING tickets. his reply, she broke the law

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give the police a break. Any of you thought about how difficult it must be to enforce the law, given 9-11?

puh-lease... do you know how cush their job is 99% of the time and how much they get paid considering no need for a college education? I'd pay them that money if they did a good job that 1% when it's difficult... Columbine ring a bell? Kids getting shot up inside while the cops waited outside for hours waiting for backup, and not going in until the gunshots stopped. Pathetic! I'm paying them to put their life on the line, not to fill out paperwork and harrass innocent people.

They skirt around the 4th amendment by declaring that it's not "really" random. They do this by announcing on tv, radio or newspaper that they have this checkpoint set up, so technically, you "can" avoid them... and if you had the dumb luck of not seeing their notice, they will consider your stop voluntary, and if you refuse, that's probable cause.

Remember, time and time again, the courts have stated that it is NOT the police's job to protect you. Keep that .45 close!

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep that .45 close!
In NJ, only as long as it is unloaded and locked in the trunk of the car. :( Damn progressive states!

NJ has NOTHING on my F'd up state: the Soviet Republic of California! :D

You got troubles? Come visit us in Chicago...no guns in the trunk or anywhere else. Only the bad guys have access to these. The citizens are not allowed to defend themselves.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks God for Alabama, we can carry guns without a permit as long as it is exposed(yes, like the old west). If you need a concealed gun, permits cost $20 as long as you don't have any arrest record. :2tu: :2tu:

That being said, nobody does. Most just have it concealed :D

RandyS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
WOW!!
There sure a bunch of POlice haters out there. It's dern sad that almost ALL ofmum are undereducated bullees. Yall be careful outthar cuz ya never no when one ofum might stop ya fer duin nutin rong... because, no one ever speeds in a Viper and it must be the same for anyone driving a high profile car, all laws obeyed to the letter. After 28 years in law enforcement I have seen complete asses on both sides of the badge. Not to be specific, but, there are some I have met from other states that would not pass filling out an application in California. When I was in uniform, making traffic stops, it was the attitude of the driver that dictated how things moved along. If "I" stopped a vehicle it was because they did something wrong. I issued as many warnings as tickets, if the attitude came out, well, the Calif. Vehicle Code is very thick. I have read on this board many times about guys getting pulled over for "nothing", not to say that it does not happen, bullsh@!. I usually let most of the comments slide, but, when you hear morons like AB, well he is right about one thing, counted as an ignorant fool. Must be a perfect driver, only stopped for "no reason". I was very happy when I moved on to a different assignment, oh, buy the way, the ones that came right out and said sorry, you caught me, I was being stupid, etc. usually received a warning. My last five years on the job was narcotics, a year of that undercover. At least in that world you know who the bad guys are. It's not like walking up on a car at 2:30 am, that you stopped for speed and find out later that would be his sixth dui. You find out later because your vest stopped three 45 cal slugs. This happened to a friend of mine who thought that working dope was too dangerous. He left the job, said there were to many morons out there, how right he is. One last thing, Bandit118th, I guess I must fall into that uneducated unskilled department also. I have only two years of college, how did I ever get buy. I retired at 53, I have no debt, our properties are paid for, accept for the ones that shouldn't be, we have a stock portfolio in the seven figures, must just be luck. Ya'll have fun out there working.

Randy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi