Check engine light

commoditybroker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all. Back from a LONG break from the Viper club, but I am glad to be back!

I have an '00 GTS that has Belanger Headers, RT cats, and no mufflers (x-pipe) that keeps throwing an exhaust code on me. I had the O2 sims installed, but the light just keeps on coming back.

Any thoughts on how to remedy this problem? Could the sims be bad?

Zach

OP
OP
C

commoditybroker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great question...I need to get that, I have brought it to DJ @ Victory, and I forgot to get the code number...stupid me, sorry for the ignorance.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, you might be getting a o2 heater issue, as the sims will fix the Cats being gone, but it wont have any effect on the front o2's and their ability to warm up quickly.

00-02 computers are the finkyest computers, they dont like any changes.

So either run a Mopar ECU, and then you dont need simms either, or get the 02's relocated higher up closer on the header, (like the middle header down pipe), or even a 96-98 cpu would help, as its not as picky.

Jon

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On your Belanger headers, they now come with both a **** welded into the collector area and one up midway on one of the primary tubes. As Jon mentioned, you want to use the one up on the tube so the O2 sensor will warm up faster or else you can throw a code. I'm not sure if the earlier Belangers came with the second **** location though. If not, you could go with the quick fire O2 sensors now offered by some of the Viper parts suppliers.