Check Engine Light

Billy The Kidd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My check engine light came on about 3 weeks after Chuck Tator had put in a vec3, Belanger headers, and full belanger exhaust. A friend ran the code and said it had something to do with the skip shift feature. Well i ordered the skip shift eliminator, installed it, and still have a check engine light stating the same code. I was told that the eliminator would totally bypass this circuit. Anyone here have a similar problem and hopefully a solution. You all know how annoying the LIGHT is.... Thanks in advance all.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you go catless and install O2 simulators? I bought a set of simulators from one of the site sponsers and they caused this problem. I could elaborate but I'm not supposed to talk about it anymore...they said they would ban me:nono:

Otherwise if you are still running secondary O2 sensors you may have melted a wire....its' pretty tight around those Bellanger pipes.

The transmission components and 02 sensors share come circuitry.

OP
OP
B

Billy The Kidd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I am going to bring my car to Chuck in a few weeks for a suspension so I will mention this to him and have him check it out. Thanks again

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sure would help to know what the code numbers are to help You with the problem. Real hard to diagnose a "My check engine light is on" with no symptoms or codes. I would doubt it was because of O2 simulators since a Pro installed the exhaust. :dunno:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang