Chin Guard

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have yet(!) to scrape the "chin" of my SRT - happened all the time on my RT and GTS.

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then you are truly blessed and envied.

However, there are...er...some who are less fortunate. These are who we call the DPC* and are quite vulnerable to such attacks by curbs.

*depth perception challenged

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL - I have also discussed this issue with other members of our club, and those of us who previously drove an rt or gts found that we never "scrape" the chin of the SRT. It was a daily occurrence in the rt & gts for me.
Maybe your curbs are higher ;)

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did not say that I personally have curb rash, merely that it is theoretically possible if you have requisit solid geometry education. For those poor victimized souls who have had this happened with their SRT, this device is a possible preventive (of future damage) measure.

This is all just hypothetical.

MAVERICK

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I installed it and its already saved me a few times... you don't know it's even there once installed, you have to crouch down to see it.

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wondering if it were painted black ("I see a red door, and I want it painted black") if it would be even more transparent. In your case...not black.

What is installation time?

MAVERICK

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Installation time is 5 minutes.... you could paint it black, but if you scrape it, you'll have to repaint.

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Charles:

Ahem...if you scrape "anything," it has to be repainted, if you get my drift.

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would worry about trapped dirt and debris between the chin guard and the chin. I wonder what that area looks like when you pull the chin guard off after a couple years. We all know what the area behind a license plate looks like when you pull it off after a couple years.