Chrome GTS emblem

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not good. It made up of a silicone gel. Mine melted during transit. Chuck Tator 914-763-3136

Last edited:

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got my chrome emblems (factory ones) from Chuck Tator. To me the factory ones look a little better than the aftermarket ones.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My old car had the aftermarket ones and "chrome" is misleading. They're basically a metallic-looking base with acrylic puff-paint-looking clear over them. From a distance they look chrome but when you get close you can see air bubbles in them and tell they're just plastic.

I went with them because the Mopar ones were so much money, but you get what you pay for. Luckily my silver car comes with them :)

Note: The ones from Dodge aren't really chrome either; they're more of a brushed finish.

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! I'm glad I asked. They look good in the picture. Will avoid these aftermarket items.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I havn't seen any yet that look as good as the factory side ones on my '01 GTS to be honest.

There will be 100 Vipers at Niagara cruise next week, gonna see if i can find one with them that DOES look great.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just pulled my chrome of and went GEN3 Black all bought from Chuck.. I believe he carries the chrome in stock...

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Factory all the way. I wish they were not so dog gone expensive. Chuck quoted me $141 each and that's with a discount.

I will probably be selling some of my old 94 R/T stuff to justify the cost. I have original side curtains, tonneau cover, and side pipes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi