Chroming stock wheels and replacing my tires

MajorGeek

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Winter is here, bye bye Viper for about 6 months :( Well, what better time to shop around for stuff?

I have decided to pull the wheels over the winter and chrome them. The polished looked was scratched from cleaning from the previous owner, so this seems like a good option as I prefer the "stock" look. Can you tell me where I can ship these to have them chromed? Any links appreciated.

Next up, 2001 RT\10 with 5k miles, so the tires dont stick like they (probably) used to, plus technology changing I thought I would look for a better tire since they have to be removed for chroming. Were talking about 1-2,000 miles of driving per year, so a good sticky tire that will hook up is the goal. I drive it around town locally, but want to run the track next year as well for kicks. It will not see rain. Only dry roads. Back ordering the best is fine, I have time to wait :(

Thanks for any insight in this.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kumhos are great for the street. The lip of your rim will stick out a bit though, which bothers some.
But stick they will!
Call Jon B for tires. Others may recommend Pilot Sport Cups, I haven't used them, but have heard they do well also. www.partsrack.com
Cali Chrome is where everyone sends their wheels here.
Not sure if your 2001 wheels are 1 piece. If so, it's pretty cheap too. about $130 per wheel, plus shipping.

I believe the website is www.calchrome.com

Good luck

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, Casey ..... how's the B-Ball going?
Luke, what's up man?
What are you tracking these days?

I've hung up my Hoop Shoes and way deep into the REAL life! :D

All is well. Once I get my new ride, I'll swing over and say hi while I put on some sticky rubber! :2tu:

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS, I didn't Recommend Tirerack, only because I know JonB gets all his tires from Luke @ tirerack! :D

I least I think it's still like that!

Tirerack is awesome! Ask for Luke! :2tu:

OP
OP
M

MajorGeek

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not a problem, my wife bought tires from them (Blizzak or something), I bought tires and rims (with Kumho tires oddly enough) for my 300ZX TT and it was a great experience. I would esily use them again. They did stick well.

That said, thanks for the input, I will contact Cali Chrome to get the rims to them and shop tirerack for those tires.

What happened to the Goodyear tires, Eagle F1, I think? When I got wheels for the 300z, they were back ordered and the hot thing? Not a good choice?

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Luke, Just ordered Blizzaks (LM25) for my wife's daily driver. Look FWD to them.

As for the chroming and new tires... I did that last year and could not be happier. I used Calchrome and put on new pilot sports. PS2's came out 30 days later in the 17 inch size...

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Luke, what's up man?
What are you tracking these days?

I've hung up my Hoop Shoes and way deep into the REAL life! :D

All is well. Once I get my new ride, I'll swing over and say hi while I put on some sticky rubber! :2tu:

still runnig the Z but, it looks nothing like the last time you saw it ....

You must be registered for see images

do you still have the Prowler as well ???? and how'd that swing set turn out ???

OP
OP
M

MajorGeek

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good thing you quoted, or I would have been confused. I had an 01 Prowler. Heres my Z from last year with the Tirerack wheels and tires. Last I knew it was in LasVegas somewhere...

You must be registered for see images