Classic Car / Exotic Insurance

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just tried Leland West to cover both my vipers. I was turned down because they want to see me owning a 3rd vehicle or another vehicle to daily drive. Then I asked "OK, lets just insure one of the Vipers and I'll stick with Allstate with my other vipers" . They replied, "I'm sorry , but we have to turn you down because we do not see the Dodge Viper being a daily driver car, it's too much of an exotic".. LOL!!! What a bunch of morons..

Having said that, can anyone recommend some good classic / exotic car insurance with , lets say, 5k miles per year and that aren't scared of two Dodge Vipers , etc ?

Gerald

OP
OP
G

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've called about 3 places so far and noone wants to insure a Dodge Viper. WOW...
I was just trying to save some $. I'm paying just under 3,000 per year for BOTH vipers.. oh well

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hagerty used to be good, not sure anymore. They recently increased my premium 100% on a 1953 Indian Chief. Maybe they saw how the health insurers were ripping us off and they wanted in on some of that action (soaring premiums).

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just tried Leland West to cover both my vipers. I was turned down because they want to see me owning a 3rd vehicle or another vehicle to daily drive. Then I asked "OK, lets just insure one of the Vipers and I'll stick with Allstate with my other vipers" . They replied, "I'm sorry , but we have to turn you down because we do not see the Dodge Viper being a daily driver car, it's too much of an exotic".. LOL!!! What a bunch of morons..

Having said that, can anyone recommend some good classic / exotic car insurance with , lets say, 5k miles per year and that aren't scared of two Dodge Vipers , etc ?

Gerald

Allstate??? They are insuring my home and my Dakota but won't insure my SRT-10.

RikRok

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had the exact same problem with all the aforementioned companys.I was told no one will insure one on a collector policy with another daily driver.

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I use State Farm for everything. Viper was easy to insure. I told them how many miles I drive it per year and they based the rate on that. It is not my daily driver.

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can try
Great American Insurance- Classic & Collectible Policy
215-332-1100 or call your agent
I pay 1,060 per year with value set at 48k. Mileage is 3k per year for this policy.
Limits are 250/500 stacked- full tort

Gary

RikRok

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My Viper is currently insured on a collector cat policy, only pay about 5oo per year. But like i said they want to see you on another policy to see that your are insurable. My problem is I run my other vehicles on a company policy, so I dont show a daily driver. I am leaving it on my FL address til it expires.

LIRacer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Haggerty, $1800 per year for the Viper, a C6 Vette and my 442. Although they dont limit miles, they consider anything over 2500 / year a daily driver.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i just tried an online quote with both grund and hagerty. grundy seemed too cheap!!! a stated policy of 60 grand on my car with no deductible and full coverage was only 870 dollars. same deal with hagerty was over 1600 with a minimum 250 deductible? why such a big difference. i think its a no brainer really. i pay only 900 year now for full coverage with allstate but the problem with them is if the car is wrecked or stolen i get blue book roughly or about 40k for a car you clearly can not replace for less than 50-55k today. i think the time has come to upgrade m peace of mind. anyone here use grundy.

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been with Grundy on a few cars for several years. Wont really know how service is until I file a claim but so far so good. I do not recall what I pay for the GTS but it is very reasonable.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have used Hagerty for years with no issues. Both my '72 and GTS are on the policy.

Most of the special interest policies are set with "agreed value" or "stated value"....where you set a value for the vehicle and in the event of a total loss...that is what you get.

When I had a previous Viper with Nationwide, all they offered was a standard car policy...and we know how the BLue Book values effect Vipers.

On an unrelated note...I not only found insurers not willing to cover a Viper...but my trailer. Met Auto and Home was very reasonable for my daily drivers ('03 Cobra & '05 Excursion)

revived_gearhead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ditto what Sean said. Nationwide with full coverage $750.00/ year. I also have my home and other autos with them, but the Viper policy has no mileage restriction.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have had State Farm and haven't seen anyone out there less than what I pay. I pay less than $880 per year and I have max coverage. Service has been pretty good.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, some of you pay a lot of money for insurance! We have American Family and they discount your rates some depending on how many items you insure. But even with no mileage restrictions on my Viper my premium I believe is at $505 a year for what they call "gold coverage". I realize that everybody is different and rates vary from person to person but I can't even imagine paying what some of you pay.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
bro your in wisconsin, what kind of traffic do you experience there. I get on the jersey turnpike and see 15 miles bumper to bumper almost weekly! of course we are going to be higher. more cars on the road, more crime, more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
State Farm and I am paying $900. If I lived back in Brooklyn I dont want to think of what it would be. Kingsnake your right depends on where you are.

Trbulnc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been looking into Rally insurance, they have stated value, cars must be garaged and have pics., plus have proof of a daily driver car. Quoted rate was $700/yr for $52,000 for my Viper and $25,000 for my prostreet Nova. $300,000 coverage. Anyone use them?

Bo knows

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your over 49 years old you came get insurance thru AARP. Mine went down $1800.00 for 3 cars and one is a Viper!

Bo knows

IL96RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have American Family insurance in Chicago and only $800 a year, with $1000.00 deductible and 200/400 coverage.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte