Clean Title 2003 SRT for sale $13K!

chickenwarrior

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I thought everyone would get a kick out of this 2003 CLEAN TITLE SRT going for sale tomorrow at salvage auction. Once again, another example of a carfax "Perfect car". No wreck history. Just a fender bender.

You must be registered for see images

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Clean Title 2003 SRT for sale

I was thinking it's a great example of just how good the brakes are on the Gen III.

OP
OP
chickenwarrior

chickenwarrior

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Whoops sorry I forgot this is RT/10 & GTS discussions. In that case here's another Clean title going for sale 3/8/05.

Looks like someone already stole the MOPAR Spoiler.....D*** IT!

Hmmm, clean title and NO frame damage right????

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Funny you mention this. I often see ones with little or no damage listed as a Salvage title and then you have these totaled ones with a clean title. :confused:

Definitely Strange!!

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That looks almost like that Torquenstien car that rolled several times!

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

$13k?
Wouldn't the 500hp engine alone be worth about $13k?

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

$13k?

Thats exactly what I was thinking... I bet if you sold it by pieces you'd make a nice piece of change
And given the idea of parting it out, you would think they would take the time to throw a tarp over it to save the interior pieces for sale. I mean the seats alone are worth $1k to a Gen II guy when in perfect shape - no?

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sell the wheels, the hood, the engine, tranny, etc. you'd make that money back. Not a bad deal really.

OP
OP
chickenwarrior

chickenwarrior

Viper Owner
Reaction score

$13k?

Thats exactly what I was thinking... I bet if you sold it by pieces you'd make a nice piece of change
And given the idea of parting it out, you would think they would take the time to throw a tarp over it to save the interior pieces for sale. I mean the seats alone are worth $1k to a Gen II guy when in perfect shape - no?

You would think so, but if the insurance company that holds the title doesn't pay extra for "Prep and protection" they don't do a thing. Keep in mind $13K is the current bid, it will certainly sell for more during live bidding. I notice one thing almost always universally similar about Vipers in Salvage lots. They always seem to have Sneaky Pete or fangs emblems missing!

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'll bet that SRT is lighter than stock. Heck of a way to lose a few hundred lbs though. :p

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just put some Zaino on it. That'll buff right out.

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too bad carfax can't get their information straight. That's why I always look at a car in person before I buy it.

cobramadness

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Too bad carfax can't get their information straight.

There is no way for them to know if the wreck isn't reported. ie: person with liability runs off the road

Viperchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks like the same car from the vid that was posted a few months ago from the Cannon Ball Run doesn't it? That car looked almost identical to that one when it landed...minus the graphics!!!!

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Funny you mention this. I often see ones with little or no damage listed as a Salvage title and then you have these totaled ones with a clean title.

Only insurance companies and current owners can issue branded titles. If the car wasn't an insurance claim it would not be salvaged. Seems a lot of rich folk (and I say that meaning someone who can wreck a car like this and just write it off) rather not get InsurCos involved. Also, by law Carfax cannot declare a car wrecked even if proved because they are not insurance adjusters. Thus they can be held liable for depreciation, if they cannot provide proof of damage, its sort of like slander laws.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc