Clear Bras

jaydoc1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone have an opinion on whether a pre-cut clear bra or custom-cut film turns out better. Obviously a lot depends on the skill of the installer. Any thoughts?

OP
OP
J

jaydoc1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Okay, I've been quoted a price of around $800 to enclose my baby entirely in film. (Well not entirely, but darn near ;) ) Does that sound about right?

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats cheap in NY they get 1100-1500 to do front nose including all lights,half hood,mirrors,behind each wheel

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just one question on clear bra before I have it done. Keeping the clear bra on for an extended time-does this effect the paint in any way.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I vote for clear bras for any women who wants one.

OP
OP
J

jaydoc1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Unless you look at exactly the right angle you can't tell where the 3M film is. It's perfectly clear. Had mine done now and am very happy with it.

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a noticeable difference when part of the car has the 3M and the rest doesn't?
It is always visible. You will always see the outline of the product.
It's sort of the same idea as leaving the plastic on the lampshades and couch to protect them..... :eek:

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
At the minimum, get your rockerpanels and behind the wheel wheels done. It's virtually invisible and the protection is great. If you drive you car at all and don't protect those areas, you will start to see chips almost immediately.