Clear pieces on front fascia

bobc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the clear plastic shields that are on the bottom of the front fascia on the Gen II's. These pieces are down low at the bottom of the fascia on the right and left side. I was at the Dodge dealer and they do not have a part number for these. I was wondering if anyone has replaced these and if so what did you use and where did you get it.

Thanks,

Bob
1997 Red GTS

TS6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I talked to Chuck Tator about this a couple weeks ago and he said they are back ordered and very expensive. He said most guys are just buying some 3M clear bra type material and cutting their own, which is what I'm going to do.

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Griot's product looks interesting....but why does it say not to use it on plastic bumpers? Should it be used on Vipers?

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saved the backings off the ones I ordered for my fascia a few years ago. I planned on tracing them onto new 3M sheets and cutting them myself next time around. They are $50 to $65 depending on side.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are made by 3M (probably from the same clear bra material), and called "aplique". Dont have part numbers, but I ordered new ones for my GTS. There WERE pretty expensive. If I can recall correctly, like $80/pair.. I did the "c" shaped ones on the sills as well.. So, i spent like $180 for a few stickers.

cayman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There is a place locally that sprays a clear coating on to these vunerable areas. A friend of mine with a C5 Vette had it done and it looks really good. Actually looks like the original clear stick ons I had on mine until I peeled them off to repaint the front facia. I too am needing something on these areas and I think I will go my buddie's route. This spray on clear has sort of a crinkly texture. Someone said that O'Reilly Automotive sells a spray on coating just like what this shop used. Maybe the same stuff!

Reaction score
I believe I have some of these old original cut outs laying around also if you want the originals, promise I won't charge you Viper tax if you want them and I can find them. Call me if you are still looking.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mjorgensen, nice one, and very best with your racing, I'm watching you guys at Woodhouse!

Nice advtar 85 of 200, that looks a nippy chopper you got there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang