Clear Side Markers for Sale

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm about to shell out $70 bucks,($46 for lights & $22 for shipping), for a 5 dolla set of clear marker lights.

Before I do, does anyone have a set lying around they want to sell me, I'll give ya $45 shipped to Toronto, (shipping will be a couple bucks). Ya, I'm being a tight a$$, so what. :smirk:

I have searched for these trailer lights that are supposed to be the same, but could only find amber and red, I think it is a myth.

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They most definitely are a rip off, but they really set off the car...

8526Viperfront-med.jpg

Funny thing is many of the vendors on ebay who sell these also sell other clear side markers for nearly 1/4 of the price. Not only are they pretty much the same, but some of them are even larger.

Damn I hate Viper tax. :evilmad: Good luck with your search.

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

8526Viperfront-med.jpg

Funny thing is many of the vendors on ebay who sell these also sell other clear side markers for nearly 1/4 of the price. Not only are they pretty much the same, but some of them are even larger.

They look really good, I think I need a set also. What about a group Buy?

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I see a couple on ebay right now for $40 plus $12 for shipping. That's only $52.00 They're the ones I purchased last year and they look and fit great. Funny......the ones for the Honda Civic are only $15. Ugh!

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rumor that the same OEM sidemarkers for a Viper are also trailer parts is absolutely, 100%, confirmed, true, no doubt...well, you get the idea. They are made by Petersen Manufacturing.

http://www.pmlights.com/products.cfm?cId=2&fId=1&pId=1404

Look familiar? I recently replaced all of these clearance lights on my trailer, and the lenses (of the amber ones) have the same branding, mold #, etc as the ones on my Viper. And..they were less than $3.00 each at WallyMart.

I looked into clear versions, and was unable to find them. I was the one (or one of the ones) that posted the factory parts were the same...not the clear.

I'd agree that there is a heck of a Viper Tax on the clears....and that's why I have yet to buy 'em.

OP
OP
I

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I see a couple on ebay right now for $40 plus $12 for shipping. That's only $52.00 They're the ones I purchased last year and they look and fit great. Funny......the ones for the Honda Civic are only $15. Ugh!

I have to pay "international" shipping, $22 to Toronto. Then, I'll likely get dinged with tax and brokerage fees. These things are going to cost me almost a hundred bucks. It is irritating knowing they are so cheap for other cars.

OP
OP
I

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have contacted the ebay seller with regards to a GP.

I wonder why partsrack and roe don't sell these?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rumor that the same OEM sidemarkers for a Viper are also trailer parts is absolutely, 100%, confirmed, true, no doubt...well, you get the idea. They are made by Petersen Manufacturing.

Look familiar? I recently replaced all of these clearance lights on my trailer, and the lenses (of the amber ones) have the same branding, mold #, etc as the ones on my Viper. And..they were less than $3.00 each at WallyMart.

I looked into clear versions, and was unable to find them. I was the one (or one of the ones) that posted the factory parts were the same...not the clear.

I'd agree that there is a heck of a Viper Tax on the clears....and that's why I have yet to buy 'em.

I'm sure Matt has made this same phone call, but if not, I just got off the phone with Petersen Manufacturing and they said they do not have the lenses in clear and could not point me to anyone else who might. Seems like this item might be 1 of the harder things to find non-Viper taxed
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
I

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score

8526Viperfront-med.jpg

TCKTPLZ: That is a nice shot, you're good at taking pics with nice angles. Car is looking sweet bro, I can't get any new pics for a couple of months due to winter. I have a bunch of new mods to photograph and show.

yellow02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put a set on my car and im really happy with how they look aswell. However, you might want to secure to rubber plug you have to remove temporarily with some sort of adheasive because i lost mine :(

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found some but it didn't list the size. They are the clearence marker lights type like Matt mentioned above except these have clear cats eye lenses. I emailed the seller for dimensions. I'll let you know what they say. Oh, price for the whole light including the lenses is $8.49 per light.

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score

So the dimensions are 2" x 4 1/8" x 1 1/32" and the lense snaps in like trailer lenses? I've replaced a few trailer lights in my time ;) Can a clear lense simply snap in? Does anyone have a picture of the clear ones that are confirmed to fit and list any markings on the lense? Unfortunately, my fascia is out being painted and the side markers are still attached or I would check them myself.

If it's out there, we'll find it ;)
Santo

OP
OP
I

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
santo, your dimensions sound right, I took a rough measurement yesterday. I can't find any clear ones, just amber and red. I am in contact with one trailer supplier and he says they don't get allot of requests for clear. I told him if he sells these things in clear to us for 5 bucks, he may get allot of requests.

On a side note, I saw your email address on the ontario vca, it has a seneca email address. Are you at the don mills location?

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In looking at the Ebay picture, I could make out a part number 01-333-1415N-C on the $40 ones. Couldn't find it anywhere and there are no dimensions listed. However, I did find a similar light to the trailer one (Truck-lite part #1259A) with an available replacement clear lens (not shown part # 9093W) here. It is 2" x 4" x 1" in dimension. If this would work, it shouldn't cost more than may $5 or $6, if bought in bulk. One would have to see how much the cost is. I could arrange it, I suppose, if this will work unless someone can order from this supplier already. I am not a retailer.

We'll find you some cheap lights somehow, Inferno ;)
Santo

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
On a side note, I saw your email address on the ontario vca, it has a seneca email address. Are you at the don mills location?

Yes, sometimes (Newnham campus at 404/Finch). We had a Don Mills campus once at Don Mills/York Mills but I am at the Newnham campus sometimes. I am usually at the York U Campus (Keele/Steeles). Are you familiar with Seneca?

Santo

OP
OP
I

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We'll find you some cheap lights somehow, Inferno

Thanks, I feel like I just won a free tank of gas. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants these things for 5 bucks, the help is appreciated.

Yes, sometimes (Newnham campus at 404/Finch). We had a Don Mills campus once at Don Mills/York Mills but I am at the Newnham campus sometimes. I am usually at the York U Campus (Keele/Steeles). Are you familiar with Seneca?
Santo

Ya, I actually took a Fire Protection course at newnham, about 5yrs ago. Stu was the co-ordinator. I had some good times there, right outta high school.

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score

There you go :) .

Bat™

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just came home from Wal-Mart and they do indeed have the exact same side markers in amber or red. They were $2.24. :shocked: I bet the red would blend in real nice, but then again someone may mistake your front for your rear. ;)

I wonder where the eBay vendors get them from. I believe the clear markers have the same part number written on them and are the exact same dimension, so they probably come from the same manufacturer.

OP
OP
I

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just came home from Wal-Mart and they do indeed have the exact same side markers in amber or red. They were $2.24. :shocked: I bet the red would blend in real nice, but then again someone may mistake your front for your rear. ;)

I wonder where the eBay vendors get them from. I believe the clear markers have the same part number written on them and are the exact same dimension, so they probably come from the same manufacturer.

I wonder what the red lens would look like, probably too much red. I'm suprised nobody can figure out where to get the clear lens. Who is the manufacturer?

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I wonder what the red lens would look like, probably too much red. I'm suprised nobody can figure out where to get the clear lens. Who is the manufacturer?

Petersen Manufacturing.

chenner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It say petersen on the ones you got from ebay?

Hey Inferno,

If you find that you are ordering from the States a lot you should consider setting up a PO box in Buffalo and shipping your stuff there. Then do a weekend run to pick it up or have it installed there.