Clutch adjusting

firefighter196

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 2004 SRT10 the clutch pedal has about an inch and half of play at the top when not depressed and the clutch has to be pushed almost through the firewall to allow the starter button to engage does anyone have a suggestion on how to adjust this thanks.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
You might be able to adjust the clutch safety switch bracket to at least alleviate some of your issues. You'd have to do it at your own caution though. If it mounts on a tab or something you might be able to slightly bend the tab or do some kind of washer/spacer to make the switch engage at a different point. May let the clutch drag a little on start though, so probably not the best plan.

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would check the clutch fluid. Sounds like you could have air In the system. May have a slave or master failing causing low fluid

blackvenom08

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 2004 SRT10 the clutch pedal has about an inch and half of play at the top when not depressed and the clutch has to be pushed almost through the firewall to allow the starter button to engage does anyone have a suggestion on how to adjust this thanks.

I had the same issue and it was related to the master cylinder. I would most definitely not drive on it till you figure out what is causing that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang