Clutch questions

8mywal8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clutch sometimes feels like it has air in the line. I have bled the hell out of this thing. Is there a master cylinder or just the slave cylinder? If I pump the pedal it gets pretty firm but a lot of times the pedal has about 2" of play and it is hard to get into first gear. Any ideas?

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you may have air in it- does it slip in gear smooth,will it go in revearse without grind? some units air gets stuck in the bends of the lines,bleeds like air is all gone but it(the fluid) is passing right by the air bubbles-try to let it stablize overnight and see if it wont work its way the next day with a shot at another bleed procedure.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I first bled mine, I went too far and bled below the bottom hole in the reservoir; same type of loose action as you describe. You can get air out of the bends with a hand-held vaccum pump (several brands available). You will need to open the needle valve (do a search) on the left hand side of the clutch housing and begin pumping until you get steady stream of fluid. While at it replace the fluid with DOT4 brake fluid. I have Castrol SRF because of some issues I had with the Belanger headers cooking the fluid.