Coffee and Rides and Dust To Glory Mobile Detail Information!

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To All:

Many of you have heard of the Friday night car show full of Rat Rods and other cool automotive eye candy at Biff Buzby's Burgers in San Antonio, but another car show has been gaining more and more attention and growing exponentially; Coffee & Rides.

For legal and other reasons this is NOT a C&C event, this is Coffee and Rides. I have been attending these monthly cars shows for about a year now and have seen it grow from 40+ cars to well over 100 and recently I would say with the cars coming and going we hit over 250 every month conservatively. This is a 100% free event, drive in, park, pop the hood if you want and walk around. Panera Bread has been great and opens early for us. I suggest getting there by 8AM if you want in a group spot, last month after 8:15 people were parking in the aisles. You are free to come and go as you please, several people stay only for an hour, some shut it down. I can say this is the first time in over a decade I have seen an F40 driving around, 599 GTO, and a 458 Italia cruising with everyone else. One of our members put it best in saying "What's the only way to make a Ford GT disappear at a car show, park a neon green Murci next to it... only at Coffee and Rides". Our usual Viper participation is 10+ which rivals the Porsche and Vette groups most of the time. So come on out an enjoy the cars, the people and grab some breakfast!

In addition to the show please note: Dust to Glory Mobile Detailing has teamed up with the South Central Texas VCA and is offering Full Details for your Viper. This is NOT a BS detail like you get at the chain places around town. This is a full mobile detail unit so he can come to you. You can witness his Full Detail package this weekend at Coffee and Rides. As many of you know I wash my cars about as often as I change my brake fluid... in addition as most of you know my GTS TT was stored in a barn for years prior to me buying it and the paint was neglected. I have yet to detail it since I have owned it. Dust to Glory Mobile Detailing will be performing their Full Detail package on my 1996 Viper GTS TT in preparation for the car show. If they can make this paint sparkle just imagine what they car do for your car!

The best news is the deal Dust to Glory is extending to the local VCA. Dust to Glory has agreed that any member of our club who purchases a Full Detail Package, they will contribute $30 to the South Central Texas VCA!! This money donated will be used for future door prizes and awards, more events and social gatherings. The more cars you make sparkle the more the more our club will grow! It is a win/win for everyone. So come on out and inspect the TT at Coffee and Rides. Dust to Glory will be onsite to answer any of your questions about products used, time frame to complete alternate cost for vehicles other than Vipers etc...

Will see you there!

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rained last evening, so thought today would be sunshine. Thought wrong. Got there, and about an hour and a half into it ..... you guessed it ..... it rained.
Got to see an all silver 98 GTS (awesome looking car).

Also, as I was leaving and pulling out onto the freeway, a yellow Ram towing a really nice looking Gen 3 or 4 was just pulling in. Unfortunately the party had broken up and everyone had left or was leaving. I hope this was not the Viper coming all the way from Houston.

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike-

Agreed that Silver GTS pops! The 'mist' that we got did nothing but make the dust stick to the cars unfortunatly. Still had to water my lawn this morning. The Turbo came out GREAT, too bad the weather took a crap on us. I will bring it out for the next event and hope I can keep it gleeming until then, but you know me... more GO than SHOW.

Don't knwo if this link will work but Michael at Dusty to Glory posted a few pics online here In person the paint looks showroom.

Awesome job. I will be sending out info on the week long schedule for details coming up. As we discussed several spots are filled already. May extend to two weeks. I'll let you know.

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kurt,

The night prior we got a substantial downpour in Seguin. I learned it did not rain that evening in San Antonio. The next morning (day too) no rain in Seguin, but it drizzles for 2 frickin hours in San Antonio. The two locations are only 45 minutes away. Geeez.

Still enjoyed the show however, as we did manage to get an hour to an hour and a half into the game before the drizzle came. Not as many exotics this time - probably saw the weather forecast and opted to not come. Also, disappointing turn out for the Vipers. However, in addition to the 98 GTS silver gem, the black Chrysler Star Fire was very intriguing. Glad it was brought out for viewing, as I did not yet own a Viper back when it was driven at the "Twisted Sister" Viper Drive, where it performed remarkably well I was told.

If the Car Detail reservations are already locked out, I understand. I somehow missed something about how to respond and reserve a spot (which is something I am notorious for). The Viper was detailed while at A.R.T and I must say, the exterior has held up very nicely (even after exposure to the drizzle). No visible scratches or swirls. Cleaned up very nicely and looks just like it did when I picked it up from A.R.T. So, maybe in my case, not as important as I initially inferred.

Still don't know who that was that showed up after we all left, in a Yellow Ram with a super sharp late model Viper in tow? Had heard someone from Houston was considering coming to the event, and perhaps it was them. Hope they had other plans for the trip after arrival in San Antonio, outside of the Coffee and Rides event. That is a relatively long trip to and fro'. I felt guilty for not turning around on the interstate and detouring back to at least say "Hey" to them.:blah:

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No worries Mike. I went back after an hour and met up with some people. That was Chris Pharr in the Ram.

This weekend was not the best for a show, but if the big man is listening, next time if it wants to rain PLEASE rain, that mist was just wrong, just enough to ruin the morning.

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No worries Mike. I went back after an hour and met up with some people. That was Chris Pharr in the Ram.

This weekend was not the best for a show, but if the big man is listening, next time if it wants to rain PLEASE rain, that mist was just wrong, just enough to ruin the morning.

Whoah, Chris Pharr ..... Thanks Kurt. I owe him and his crew big on the work they did on my Viper.
Glad you went back. I feel bad I didn't, but good that you did. Good save. Thank you.

Ditto about the vapor that fell on our show.