hemi al

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi. is there a better coil pak available for gen 1? thanks, al

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
hemi al...any hints on what problem you are having...or, what you are trying to do?

Just interested.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I can remember it seems these coil packs are pretty reliable. They don't usually go bad.

OP
OP
H

hemi al

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi. no problems, just thought if an upgrade was available, i would do it. i have added a very large nitrous system, and am upgrading to suit. thanks, al

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Al, I had a 300 shot on my Gen 1 for 3 years with stock coils.
No problems whatsoever!

What is a "very large" system, a 300?

OP
OP
H

hemi al

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi. i installed four 500hp units. plus, enormous amount of parts and work. spent 40+ hours porting intake manifold alone. thanks, al

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi. i installed four 500hp units. plus, enormous amount of parts and work. spent 40+ hours porting intake manifold alone. thanks, al

I'm not sure I followed up on that one... 4x 500HP "units"??:dunno: Are you talking about flow capabilities or actual size of a shot?
You're not trying to tell that you will spray 4 figure numbers?????? Say "Bye Bye" for your headbolts....
What is the size of the shot you are going to use on a GEN 1?

Last edited:
G

grcforce327

I have a set with 20k on them,went to coil on plug so don't need them.If you really need a set for your gen I ,you can have them if you pay the shipping.:2tu:

OP
OP
H

hemi al

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi. what i have are four nitrous express viper kits. each kit is rated for up to 500 hp shot. i do fear both head bolts and main bolts and caps. as i reach completion of all the upgrades, i intend to do much dyno testing. part of the testing will include checking bolts for stretch. thanks, al

OP
OP
H

hemi al

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes. i am interested. please email me with the amount due. 08807 new jersey. thanks, al

OP
OP
H

hemi al

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi. the plan is to begin with a small shot...50 hp total. once above 200 hp, evaluation of weak links will begin. i fear the dyno testing will show weak bottom end, caps and bolts. drag racing will probably include the rear. why four systems? it allows better control of volumn and distribution, i think. thanks, al

OP
OP
H

hemi al

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi. a bigger bomb? possibly. i worked directly with nitrous express on the selection of components. i have previous experence in cc/altered as a licensed driver and owner. that machine was a bit over 2000 pounds and had twin turbos on 500 cu.in. producing in excess of 2000 dyno hp. i really enjoyed that ride, and am attempting to approach it. i do realize the viper is much heavier. thanks, al

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Al, i had a 300 shot with stock motor and fuel delivery. Thats about as far as you want to take it without better fuel management system and fuel pump.
My buddy got better HP and TQ increase with 200 shot, because he had a cam and ported heads. I would do both in your case, since it looks that your are about to get serious with spraying...

Abandon your stock exhaust, GEN 1 breaths much better with a set of Belangers and 3" system. (and you'll loose an easy 50lbs...)
Be sure you have replaced the original head gaskets, they will blow quite soon...

If you want even distribution, why not go this route?
8d_3.jpg

Let us know how the spraying progresses....:headbang:

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

hemi al

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi. i built my own stainless headers and used roe cats and stainless mufflers. the exhaust did some improvement. i must say the greatest improvement was porting the intake manifold. the inside looked like a gross mismatch of the port seams. i then port matched to the heads. probably removed a foot tall mound of aluminum. the result was amazing. had to go to larger injectors...much larger, just to keep from running too lean. i also installed solid copper head and intake gaskets. thanks, al

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine