You must be registered for see images

Ken Larsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That interior looks great! but then again the whole car looks awesome!

OP
OP
Joseph Houss

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Here's some more:

Tony Estes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Bob,

Don't let the switches fool you. There is a window defogger,no heater.No power windows either. No e-brake that is the front sway bar adjuster.

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As much as I love my RT/10, I can see this 'streetable GTS version', as a REAL possibility. Let's have it Dodge !!!

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the snake on the rear quarter panel better than the current viper motif.

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pictures! Any way I can get some 8x10's of these? I really need to have a picture of John in those glasses. What a hoot!

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simply incredible.....Once again the rest of racing world is in trouble....I cant wait to see the Team Oreca Le Mans versions.........

dtittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THAT's a BEAUTIFUL CAR!!! But I'm PO'd!

The way that &^%$ shifter handle is made it would take me to toss it and VIPERESS to catch it just to make a gear shift!

Why would they put a 32" shift handle in such a beautiful machine?

Remember this. Anyone that buys one of these can call me for a free (gratus) short shifter that will eliminate the need to have someone else catch the shift knob when you throw it! Just another perk for the wealthy race car driver.

Regards, Tittle

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did they really confirm production on the Crossfire? Is it written anywhere in a press release? Very cool car.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Betbit, yes the Crossfire was announced (read it somewhere) AND there will be a Viper AMG, if you can imagine. Read that in Autoweek, with a quote by COO of Chrysler, Wolfgang Bernhard.

OP
OP
Joseph Houss

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
FYI: That's not a crossfire in the background, "just" a modified Prowler.

These pictures were taken by Tony Estes, our National Prez, and now professional digital photographer at the Monterey Vintage Festival.. where this incredible announcement took place.

OP
OP
Joseph Houss

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
...and to answer your question about the crossfire, here's the press release from DC:

Chrysler Crossfire Concept to Become Reality
Chrysler Group Announces Production Intent of Sports Coupe

Pebble Beach, Calif., Aug 19, 2001 - Continuing its industry-leading track record of taking breakthrough vehicle concepts to reality, the Chrysler Group today announced its intention to build a production version of the Chrysler Crossfire concept car.

Voted one of show-goers' favorite concept cars on this year's auto show circuit, the Chrysler Crossfire -- which combines American spirit and power with international flair and proportions -- was unveiled at the 2001 North American International Auto Show, in Detroit this past January.

"You could just see the pure emotion in show-goers' reaction to the Chrysler Crossfire," said Wolfgang Bernhard, Chief Operating Officer of the Chrysler Group. "Their eyes lit up with enthusiasm. They didn't 'ask' if we were going to build it; they practically 'demanded' that we build it. We believe this will be another home run for us, and we will make sure the production version of the Chrysler Crossfire captures the emotion and character of the concept car."

The production version of the Crossfire concept will give the Chrysler brand another exciting and aspirational vehicle -- joining the Chrysler PT Cruiser, 300M, Town & Country and Prowler -- and reinforce the brand's expressive and innovative appeal.

As an image car, Crossfire represents Chrysler Group's flexibility and speed in decision-making. It also proves that the company's product pipeline is full, with more unexpected and aspirational vehicles to come.

"The Chrysler Group leads the industry in breakthrough vehicle design," said Jim Schroer, Executive Vice President of Global Sales and Marketing. "The Chrysler Crossfire sets the tone for the sports coupe of the future -- much in the same way the Chrysler PT Cruiser redefined compact cars. It's a unique car that you fall in love with, a car that you aspire to own and are proud to drive. We recognize the importance of continuing to lead and being progressive. Crossfire is yet another example in Chrysler's long history of being nimble and turning concepts into reality."

The production version of the Chrysler Crossfire will stay true to its American heritage, while adding global appeal. Said Bernhard: "In only six months, we solved all the technical and feasibility issues, completed a business plan, and funded this product program."

The company will announce more news about the Chrysler Crossfire at the 2002 Greater Los Angeles Auto Show next January.

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Joe,

Maybe this is the first you east coasters have heard of it. But that car was announced at the Midwest Regional several weeks ago. Although all we got to see were pictures...

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Arial">Gents,

I would like to both apologize and congradulate DC for tolerating/ignoring my many posts on how the 2003 RT/10 was not the looker that the Gen I/ Gen II cars are. At the breathtaking sight of the 2003 Coupe (and the fact that it is made for the REAL racers (Read: Road Course not 1/4 mile) I had to come to terms and acknowledge my error. Wing King and others know all too well of my dislike for the removal of the flowing lines from the Gen I/II cars for the Gen III. However, I was wrong and I have DC to thank for correcting me.
bounce.gif
bounce.gif

Jay K.

ps. Tony et.al. Moderators You won't have to worry about me anymore for blazing the 2003 RT 10!</FONT f>
laugh.gif

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have seen the light brother (JGK95). Now go out and spread the good word. "The 2003 Viper RT-10 shall rule the streets and Comp Coupe shall rule the road courses."

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala