COMPUTER

622r109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if battery went dead, how long after charging does it takefor computer to reboot. hope this the right place to ask. thanks in advance

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol, computer doesnt reboot, its not like a PC. Pretty much the minute you put power to the pcm/car, its ready to go. The only thing is that it will make "adjustments" to various things while you are driving over the next few hundred miles. But basically you can replace the batter and your good to go, pcm will be ready to go, and its open for learning.

Jon

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks, so it doesnt pay to reflash computer.

Reflash it? lol.. uh that would be just putting the same code right back on it UNLESS.. its an UPDATED flash.

I recently had my 2006 in for service and my tech advised me that there was a new program available for my PCM and he wanted to upgrade it. He said it just had large ranges for adaptives and trim values. So I let him update it. It was simple and painless and quite honestly, I have noticed no changes. Other then I swear the car doesnt "sound" as good through the exhaust system. But it definitely performs and runs flawlessly.

If there is an updated pcm code, then have the dealership update your computer, often times it fixes bugs and stuff (much like one i had with my windows on the 06 coupe).

Other then that I really have no idea what your talking about with a reflash. Unless you are talking about the Thing Dan Craig does to the pcms which is his own coding/adjustments for modifications, but its a re-write/reflash of stock code with his personal changes. Which if you get an update later from dodge at the dealership would just over right what you paid Dan $600 bucks to do :)

Hope that helps.

Jon

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
engine running rich and backfiring.

Mine too, ordered a new computer and had it reprogrammed thru DC performance. Runs alot better, dyno'd alot more power too. Especially in the midrange. It really helps them to have a dyno with air/fuel and then they make the proper adjustments. More power, less popping on decel, though there is stila little. But I dont mind it now.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reflash it? lol.. uh that would be just putting the same code right back on it UNLESS.. its an UPDATED flash.

I recently had my 2006 in for service and my tech advised me that there was a new program available for my PCM and he wanted to upgrade it. He said it just had large ranges for adaptives and trim values. So I let him update it. It was simple and painless and quite honestly, I have noticed no changes. Other then I swear the car doesnt "sound" as good through the exhaust system. But it definitely performs and runs flawlessly.

If there is an updated pcm code, then have the dealership update your computer, often times it fixes bugs and stuff (much like one i had with my windows on the 06 coupe).

Other then that I really have no idea what your talking about with a reflash. Unless you are talking about the Thing Dan Craig does to the pcms which is his own coding/adjustments for modifications, but its a re-write/reflash of stock code with his personal changes. Which if you get an update later from dodge at the dealership would just over right what you paid Dan $600 bucks to do :)

Hope that helps.

Jon

Jon is right on the money here. I have had my original PCM re flashed when I have needed to take the viper to the dealer for service. But you should always buy a new ECM when you are going to have Dan do a custom reflash so you can install the original stock ECM whenever you need to take the viper in for service as the dealer will over write Dan's programing as Jon said above. It takes 10 minutes to do the swap. The same holds true for going to emissions inspection at least here in CT.

Robbie

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreatWhiteKAC