condolences

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks VCA,
Yeah it's tough. I thought we had a few years left and it turned out to be only a few weeks. I came home about a month ago to help out with another family emergency and was glad I got to see her. When I got the call, I ws in shock, still am to some degree.

My mom dies in her sleep, so she went peacefully, sh e was 78. Her biggest downfall was smoking for 40 years. In the last year, she was on near 100% O2. (COPD). If nothing else, it should be a warning to all that smoke, you're only killing yourself in the end and taking away valuable years from your family.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,
sorry to hear of your loss.
My sincere
condolences.
Markus

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks VCA,
Yeah it's tough. I thought we had a few years left and it turned out to be only a few weeks. I came home about a month ago to help out with another family emergency and was glad I got to see her. When I got the call, I ws in shock, still am to some degree.

My mom dies in her sleep, so she went peacefully, sh e was 78. Her biggest downfall was smoking for 40 years. In the last year, she was on near 100% O2. (COPD). If nothing else, it should be a warning to all that smoke, you're only killing yourself in the end and taking away valuable years from your family.

78 years is still not too bad for smoking half that time. Of course, it's always too soon. So sorry to read of your loss. Hang in there.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Condolences to both you guys, 99R/T 10 and 1Tony1. Lost my mother when she was only 46 and my Dad when he was just 60. Only my kids left of my immediate family.

Ted

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very sorry for your loss. Thanks for your encouragement to quit smoking. I'm calling the Dr. today for an Rx for Chantix (hear it has a reasonable success rate)

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My heart goes out to you. I lost my mom back in April after a bout with ****** cancer, she was only 62. We were told about 2 months and she was gone 5 days later...but she made sure that my sister and I were always taken care of...definitely hard this time of year. I also last my grandmother in August at 93. Just hang in there...it never goes away, but it does get easier.

If you need anything, please know we are all here for you.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As far as smoking goes, I quit about 4 months ago.

Doctor admitted that my Blood pressure etc. was good, but kept saying that I should be expecting health problems because I smoked. Dentist told me that my gums were dying because I smoked. etc. etc. Working hard after a few days my left forearm went numb and i had some minor, reoccuring chest pains. Woke up next morning and my forearm still had numbness as wellas the occiassional small chest pain so I called the hopsital in Williams Lake (200miles away) and told them I'd be in for
testing. No breakfast and only 1 cup of coffee because they need blood tests.

3.5 hrs later I get to the hospital. They do the EKG and tell me that my heart is fine. I told them that I already knew that since my fingernail 'fill', pulse and vein pressure were all good - what was the problem??? After Xrays and a 4 hour stint on the monitor they said I had slightly swollen neck muscles that were causing a slightly pinched nerve and that's why my forearm was numb. Slight chest pains were from old motorcycle accident and broken ribs. Turns out that when you're not used to working hard, bent over for 3 days straight there are some minor symptoms. On the 3.5 hour drive home I was so angry about wasting an entire day I quit smoking.

Next doctor's visit my BP was "perfect" and my hair is turning brown. Used to be mostly Grey. Now it's half Grey and half Brown?

Anyway, quitting smoking is a good idea. I'm now invulnerable and my teeth are good?

Ted

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, we are very sorry to hear of your great loss....please accept our condolences to you and your family. ~mike & juli~

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, we are sorry for your loss. Glad you got to spend some time with her in the end...

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again, thank you everyone. Just have a quick stop at Atlanta and then it's home for the family. She will be sorely missed.

:( :( :( :( :(

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks VCA,

Mike sorry for your loss. We'll keep you in our prayers.

pingi3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of the loss. I have only met a few people here and know how close the viper family sticks together. I lost my father many years ago and till this day I miss him. So please live on with her memories and never forget.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4