Confused w this AC issue...long rant

fastandloud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I searched but if I've missed it PLEASE point me in the right direction.
So, this is my 3rd issue w the AC in my 06. Okay, well 2nd.
First time the Blower motor seized up causing the relay to pop. Replaced the relay first only to realize it was the motor being stuck that caused it. Okay, fixed...AC working.
Now, on the way home the other day the AC stopped blowing cold about half way home from work. Today I put the Manifold gauges on it, everything looked good (actually considering the 103 degree ambient temp it was almost spot on). Let it run for a while, problem fixed..:2tu:
Go inside, drink a beer in celebration of my victory, :D decide to put her away and...well let's just say it wasn't the cool car I was expecting.
Start the car and the compressor will activate, then stop....activate, then stop. EVERYTHING was right 15 minutes ago!!+
Sorry for the long rant but come to Dallas right now and you would understand.
I must be missing something...HELP!

OP
OP
F

fastandloud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay I think I may have ranted a little early....at start up the pressure on the high side was building up quickly causing the compressor to kick off...relieved it just a bit and I think all is good.
Sorry and Mods please delete the post unless you just want people to make fun of me...which is okay too.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A bit of FYI. The compressor usually shuts off/cycles on low pressure (the suction side). While I don't do much work on automotive A/C systems anymore I can say that I suspect an under charged, possibly contaminated system in your car.... or a failed expansion valve(not opening)... guessing, of course.

You need to have a qualified A/C guy look at it.

=J

OP
OP
F

fastandloud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A bit of FYI. The compressor usually shuts off/cycles on low pressure (the suction side). While I don't do much work on automotive A/C systems anymore I can say that I suspect an under charged, possibly contaminated system in your car.... or a failed expansion valve(not opening)... guessing, of course.

You need to have a qualified A/C guy look at it.

=J

I'm pretty much an idiot on the A/C side of things...But I've worked on these things long enough to be dangerous anyway. Let's see how this plays out. Last I checked all was good, both sides in fine shape, AC blowing cold.
Thanks for chiming in..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery