Congrats Chad/Heffner! World Record 8.88@163 w/6 Speed

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many runs did Chad make, is the car ready for the weekend ie any damage. Did Chad turn up the boost or just drive more aggressively, et dropped but so did the mph by also 3mph. Fantastic job Congrats to CHAD AND HIS GREAT CREW THE HEFFNER GANG!!!!!

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm making just under 900 rwhp and continually hammer just about everything that comes down the road. I can't even IMAGINE what this car must be like. This is simply unheard of. Congratulations Chad. Not bad for your first Viper!

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many runs did Chad make, is the car ready for the weekend ie any damage. Did Chad turn up the boost or just drive more aggressively, et dropped but so did the mph by also 3mph. Fantastic job Congrats to CHAD AND HIS GREAT CREW THE HEFFNER GANG!!!!!

The heat would bring the mph down.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More seat time and a prepped track was all it took! Congrats to Chad and Jason - talk about smashing the records...

NO nitrous. Do you really think he needs it?

RPHJR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm, maybe if I adjust my mufflerbearing. My car will run 8's too...

All kidding aside, those are some serious numbers. Awesome Job...

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know what gears are in this monster car and if he shifted to 6th or only 5th? And are those slicks a LOT taller than stock? I thinking a 1.4x 60 foot means the car has some short gears.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great job guys! Will that beast be at Bradenton this weekend? :2tu: :headbang:

The Beast is there right now! That's where the record was broken.

I think he will stay around for the weekends events! :D

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

Someone help me out here. I am not a drag racer, and have only had my car on the road racing tracks, so don't flame me too bad, but it seems like everytime I cruise the speed channel, and that NOPI car show comes on, it shows all kinds of "Ricers" going 7's in the quarter mile???? So excuse me for not understanding, are those cars strictly trailered to the events, and are the Vipers mentioned above streetable? If not, then I am wondering what they think of us doing high 8's, when I saw them doing 7.42??? Again, don't flame me too bad, I am just wondering what is going on here.

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good question but those are drag cars. This is a full street car running a six-speed tranny and IRS. It is the quickest and fastest six-speed street car on the planet, so it is moving along just fine.

For everyone else, thanks for the congrats. We will be there Sunday looking to better this time.

It was a DA of 2800 today and should be negative 400 Sunday so hopes are high.

Thank you to Team Heffner for building a car in a class by itself that still qualifies for a class.

Thanks again everyone,

Chad

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm still in shock !!!

If the DA was 2800 there. Come back to Atco now and go even faster...

Just plain SICK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vette2viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got Venom...agree with Chad. Around here, we have some ricers that run 7s in the 1/8 mile, not 1/4. The vipers you see on this site are streetable and rest assured that any ricer running the 1/4 in 7s is a race car...not a street car.

Too bad you are in CA...this weekend in FL is going to be awesome!!! :headbang:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree almost all of the ricers you see in the 7's 8's are 1/8 mile not 1/4 mile.

mann awesome time.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ricer Boy:

In most cases you are talking cars that are under 3000 lbs and some are close to 2000 lbs and all are automatics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187