Conner Avenue Assembly Plant....Ever been there????

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spent my vacation touring the midwest and stopped by the Conner Avenue Plant where I took a tour that lasted about 2 hours. I was able to talk to alot of people on the line and saw the entire assembly line process which was interesting...

I was able to snap alot of pictures while at the plant. If there are any people on this board who are interested in purchasing sets of photos from me please email me. Most of the photos came out great but a few came out okay due to low light in the plant. Even a flash didn't help! I have photos everything in the plant and on the assembly line. Some photos may even surprise you...I was shocked when I watched those motors being assembled...

Before I undertake this task of going to the local photo shop and getting duplicate photos, I figured I would see if there is any interest. If you live thousands of miles away or if you won't be able to get a chance to see Conner this may be the next best thing for you...

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FRANK:
......I was able to snap alot of pictures while at the plant. If there are any people on this board who are interested in purchasing sets of photos from me please email me.......Some photos may even surprise you......I was shocked when I watched those motors being assembled......<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have been to CAAP 4 times and MACK 2 times. Both times, altho "photography prohibited" was posted everywhere, CAAP allowed fairly unrestricted, non-commercial photography by Viper owner guests.

D-Cs Wolfgang Bernhard was there a few weeks ago as well, and was most impressed [shocked?!?] with the (new) Viper engine line at CAAP.

FRANK, you should have visited VEWC! (Arrow) You could have seen the $15,000 teardown / rebuild you get all for a minor warranty cost! Now THAT is a shock !!

OP
OP
F

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah...I was there the day before Wolfgang Amedeus was arriving - everyone was preparing for his tour. Actually we had a plant worker give us the tour and he encouraged me to take as many photos as I'd like. I did not see one sign anywhere that said "no photos" etc. If Wolfgang was impressed with the engine assembly line that is somewhat scary...I was like "holy crap!!!" Glad I have a Gen 1...

As far as selling photos or commercial whatever you speak of...I'd like to think of it as a convenient service to the Viper owners who may not have the time or required effort to go and see it in person. I am just looking to get a few bucks for the photos and my time...actually I could care less if no one at all wanted them...oh well...plus I have pictures that may make those who ordered 2000/2001 Vipers hair curl...

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've not only been there, I bought an RV and I now live in the parking lot of CAAP so I can wake up and worship the plant every morning.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif