Considering a new Viper...

gozer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all!

Im considering purchasing a new 2001 Viper and I was hoping some of you veterans might be able to answer some questions? Here goes...

I live in Southern California (Irvine area), should I expect to pay sticker price, above or below?

How long will I have to wait?

Any recommended dealers?

Im planning on driving the car every day (probably about 20-30k miles per year). Any comments or concerns?

Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gozer

ACR Larry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gozer,

I work in Irvine and would be happy to spend some time to take you for a ride and talk about Vipers. I own an ACR that I purchased from a local dealer at the beginning of the year. I have a lot of opinions that I would like to discuss with you about local (CA) dealers compared to purchasing from a reputable dealer like Woodhouse-Pemberton (hint).

If you would like to get together on the sdubject, please send me an email or instant message.

Larry

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not buy a slightly used one (less than 10k), maybe a 99' for 15k less than a new one. Seeing your going to drive it a lot anyways, use the 15k you saved for upgrades.

OP
OP
G

gozer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SteveB,

Your logic makes a lot of sense...But, there is just something about a new car (especially a new Viper). I want to be the first owner of the car. I want to break it in properly (if I can stand it). Etc, Etc...

I know it will cost more money in the long run and it is probably a bad financial decision but...

Although, If I cant get a new one, Im sure a used Viper will be just fine
You must be registered for see images

Thanks for the though.

Gozer

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse without a doubt! He may still have a really strong solid black '99 GTS. It could be a great buy.