Consumer Reports Follow up

Dexter

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I found this at the Consumer Reports car blog site. At least one of their employees preferred the Viper.

Cliff Weathers: After a few hours with the Viper down on two-lane roads in upstate New York, I emerge with that involuntary smile you see on people who just disembarked a rollercoaster. The endorphins are teeming, my head is swimming, and I swear I've got a bruise or two. Was it fun? Yeah! Did it scare me? Heck, yeah! Would I like to go for another ride? Sure, just as soon as my heart stops playing the drum solo from "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida!"

This is the way you're supposed to feel after driving a sports car. You're not supposed to feel like you've spent a day at the spa. You're not supposed to feel mellow. You're supposed to feel like you surfed the Banzai Pipeline or scaled Castle Crags. Massaging seats, touch-screen displays, and push-button door releases? Not on your life!

Not only is the Viper a brutally honest sports car without a hint of fluff, it's also the car to be seen in. Tooling around town in it is like morphing into Batman. All heads turn, kids scream, parking valets flag you down, and cops forget their danishes.

Trust me, you do not get have this much fun or attract this kind of attention in a Porsche 911 or Chevy Corvette.

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Consumer Reports usually touts the bland, everyday run of the mill flotsom and jetsam that hordes of mindless sheep just have to have. At least one of their minions still has a pulse. Just think how it would be if those zombies at Consumer Reports loved the Viper........I'd probably have to sell mine.

:evilmad:

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found this at the Consumer Reports car blog site. At least one of their employees preferred the Viper.

Trust me, you do not get have this much fun or attract this kind of attention in a Porsche 911 or Chevy Corvette.

You don't have to tell us that :nana: :headbang:

Consumer Reports- I have been in the company of the folks that run the place. Their main concern has always been safety. So they are big supporters of traction control, ant-lock brakes, airbags and all that. As we all know early on the Viper didn't have any of that stuff, so they viewed the car as a dumb backward thinking car built by Dodge.

Explaining to me that in the earliest tests of the Viper many drivers were scared to drive it because the back end would come around in the corners. Not until they put a wing on the back could they get the car under control.

Glad to hear that someone there actualy enjoyed driving one...

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I know whats wrong with those auto journalists. They look at performance cars like a monk looks at alcohol, they tip-toe around them, hoping they won't become involved, and thusly converted to a die-hard gear-head.

They fail to "smoke" it. Take a big drag of it, and hold it in. If they inhale it right, they will become intoxicated like us, they will feel the fangs settle into their flesh, then they will become "snake-bitten" too.

That journalist above must have ingested some, 'cause he got it right. Vipers are intoxicating.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960