coolant leak

Flinch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 93 Viper that only has 6000 miles on it. I took it for a cruise today and it started overheating and leaking coolant. Got it home safely to check it out. I have coolant dripping out underneath about even with the windshield in the center of the car. I can see a small pool of coolant on the top of the block in the very back, very close to the windshield. I cannot see any leaks from any of the tubes or hoses in that area, but I cannot see back there real well.

I believe the head gaskets were change a long time ago in this car, or so I was told. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what to look for before I start tearing things apart. It looks to me that the heater hoses are in that area, and common problems like divert-er valves etc?

Thanks for and ideas.

OP
OP
F

Flinch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have taken the piece off under the wipers and can see a little better. It looks like it may be coming from the thermostat housing. I can't see any leaks there but that looks like the only thing it could be. Is that the gasket you are talking about?

ViperRed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thermostat housing is more towards the front of the car isn't it? Just in between the two throttle bodies!

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thermostat housing is more towards the front of the car isn't it? Just in between the two throttle bodies!

That is a Gen 2 motor that you are describing. Thermostat on Gen 1 is in the back, about where the coil packs are on the Gen 2correctly.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21