Copperhead in VIPER Magazine

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new Copperhead is shown in the spring issue of VIPER Magazine.

That is one cool looking car.

In the display photo, they do not show any of the special features that Bill Pemberton suggested were forthcoming.

Since they do not show these items (ahem...wheels) in the ad, I see no reason why we cannot collectively put pressue on Bill to be totally forthcoming and tell us what he knows.

It is time to tell, Bill.

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rather like it. I would like to know whether, as suspected, that it comes with the Coupe's wheels. I know that it does not have orange leather but does have orange stitching, and I gather from Bill that it has some other touches.

Interestingly, they do not call it the Copperhead but rather the "Special Copper Edition."

Question: Why when I add [image]....[/image] to that url does the image not appear within the post.

Thank you.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasty color if you ask me. I'd like to see a real orange color. If you saw the orange SRT at VOI, you know where I'm coming from. It looked AWESOME!!!

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rather like it. I would like to know whether, as suspected, that it comes with the Coupe's wheels. I know that it does not have orange leather but does have orange stitching, and I gather from Bill that it has some other touches.

Interestingly, they do not call it the Copperhead but rather the "Special Copper Edition."

Question: Why when I add [image]....[/image] to that url does the image not appear within the post.

Thank you.

Cuz ya gotta do it like this
8326copperhead.jpg

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Let's hope they have a trick up their sleeve, as that is what is wrong with rumors and gossip -they are only true occasionally. I can only imagine how smoking it would look with some other donut holders! Oh, well, time will tell.

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice try Bill, I still have your PM about the Copperhead having the V-12 S/C.

My jury is out on the Copperhead. There is no question that it is different, and with the Coupe's wheels, it would be very cool, but... is it really "right" for a Viper? Does it end up looking like a metric racer?

Unquestionably (to me) the best looking Vipers are (in order): black, black, black and...er...black, but it is a burdensome color.

It is like the Golden Gate Bridge, as you finish washing it from front to back, you then begin and repeat the process. It never ends.

fluffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about copper/silver? (Please fogive the crude photo-hack).

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it Jared, but I still wonder if any shade of orange is really right for a Viper. I think we all need more photos in the correct lighting.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it Jared, but I still wonder if any shade of orange is really right for a Viper. I think we all need more photos in the correct lighting.

The Viper is an "exotic" car. It deserves exotic colors.

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alice....You still have the copperhead listed on your sig ? :shocked:

I think stripes would help that color. :eek:

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, the color showing on Alice's scan is pretty close to the test panels we saw at the Conner Avenue Plant a week or so ago. And, as reported earlier, the staff there confirmed the "different" wheels.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not really all that sure if I like it or not. I'll have to see it in person before I truely judge it. The scans look like it's a gold cream color rather than an orange. JMO

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You neglected to point out one VERY important side bar in this same article. They show the available colors for the SRT-10 and they are: Copper Orange Satin Coat, Bright Silver Metallic Clear Coat, Red Clear Coat, and Black Clear Coat. Hmmm... What is missing from that lineup, including the pictured cars? Yellow.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The color is ok, but not striking. I think we need more of the throwback "high impact" colors on the Viper instead of on the taxicab Charger.

The Viper should also have an available matte blacked (not gloss) power bulge on the hood and the fader stripe as seen on Y2K5SRT's car.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The color reminds me of the 1994 Corvette copper paint.

They only made a few because it was a hard color to paint consistantly. :(

I had figured that the Copperhead Viper color was going to be the same as the Copperhead concept with a bright orange with yellow tinted highlight.

Anyway I like the new copper-penny color better than the orange. :2tu:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just hope that Buhler sent Alice a free Paxton kit or something for her very good product placement in the article... :2tu:

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If any body needs the fader graphics for their copperhead when they get just let me know. They are available from both Autoform and Parts Rack, or who know maybe they will come from the factory that way. You never know.