CORSA exhaust arrived...quick question

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corsa's arrived and packaging, craftmanship seem impecable..however...when I picked one up to feel the weight and tilted it back and forth seems like something is moving back and forth...like a small metal marble inside...is this normal?? Possible a small piece of something from manufacturing process??

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't think that is normal. It seems to me it would make a terrible noise while driving around. Call the guy you bought them from to get his opinion and then call Corsa.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt that's right...I've had many mufflers in my hands over the years, and never heard anything that rattled ahead of time sound right when installed.

EFI-1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My Corsa's had a similar noise coming from them....ended up being **** and it came out after a little shaking.

OP
OP

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't think that is normal. It seems to me it would make a terrible noise while driving around. Call the guy you bought them from to get his opinion and then call Corsa.

Purchased from JonB...will call tomorrow. And i shouldn't have said a marble ...more like a small piece of metal caught in the muffler..tried to shake out but couldn't get it.

Just Enough

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even if it doesn't shake out, you really won't hear it when it's running. I have Corsas and my stock cats and they still produce a pretty throaty tone.

OP
OP

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even if it doesn't shake out, you really won't hear it when it's running. I have Corsas and my stock cats and they still produce a pretty throaty tone.

Don't know why I didn't try to shake the other side...got distracted and said I would get to it later but never did.

OP
OP

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my uninstalled Corsa doesnt have any noises

Was told they shouldn't..anyway was informed sometimes while welding the internals of the mufflers you could get fragments from the weld/metal and that it should just shake out...with a little effort.

OP
OP

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spoke to corsa tech...said it was probably a small piece of metal from welding the internal noise bafflers.....to try and shake it out or it will eventually disappear/disintegrate from heat build up over time or possibly just exit the exhaust.