Corsa Exhaust CEL Issue

F

FrgMstr

2005 SRT10, stock headers, stock cats, Corsa cat backs.

Corsa installed for about 100 miles. Car threw the CEL today of P0432. ViperAlley thread shows this to mean, "P0432 2/1 Catalytic Converter Efficiency."

I searched on this but found nothing but an unanswered thread in the SRT10 section. Anyone that has some feedback on this? It would be greatly appreciated. I would like to know what steps I need to go through in order to "fix" this issue permanently. Thanks!

Gary Weeks

Viper Owner
Reaction score
2005 SRT10, stock headers, stock cats, Corsa cat backs.

Corsa installed for about 100 miles. Car threw the CEL today of P0432. ViperAlley thread shows this to mean, "P0432 2/1 Catalytic Converter Efficiency."

I searched on this but found nothing but an unanswered thread in the SRT10 section. Anyone that has some feedback on this? It would be greatly appreciated. I would like to know what steps I need to go through in order to "fix" this issue permanently. Thanks!

Check and make sure the wires to the 02 sensors are good and if so reset the code with a scan tool and see if it comes back. Mine did it only once.

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you can get hold of a scanner that will allow you to view operation data, connect it and see what each O2 sensor is doing. You should be able to go back and forth between front and rear sensors. All the rear O2 sensors are looking for is a "median" reading to find out how effective combustion has been. Unless you blip the throttle, their readings should be steady. Front sensors should cycle through tenths of a volt from .1 to .9 and toggle consistently. If you find you have a lazy sensor, that could be the problem. Of course no scanner can read as fast as the sensors toggle but you will get an idea of the range. You can reset the codes and drive it again to see if it reappears. My Honda (excuse me!) would set the same code with low grade 10% ethanol fuel idling around town or if I lugged it in a gear. As long as I was moving at higher speeds, it would never set. It also never set on non ethanol fuel. (You don't have old fuel do you?) I have the same set up on my '03 and no problems so you might have just disturbed a sensor when you changed the pipes. Clear it and try again.

Toma

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's strange that you threw that code with stock cats. Check to see if all your wires to the o2 sensors are undamaged, "not cripsy" lol, connectors good etc.

Do you have an SCT programmer? You could get your supplier to simply "shut off" the rear 02's in the tune.

OP
OP
F

FrgMstr

New gas. Been running 93 octane Chevron religiously. Going through a tank a week lately. Been nice here. :) I do not have a SCT programmer. Do I need this to reset the CEL? I have not done that before. May not be the Corsa, maybe just coincidence in timing.

Have not checked the wires to the sensors. Is there a guide around here for that?

Toma

Viper Owner
Reaction score
New gas. Been running 93 octane Chevron religiously. Going through a tank a week lately. Been nice here. :) I do not have a SCT programmer. Do I need this to reset the CEL? I have not done that before. May not be the Corsa, maybe just coincidence in timing.

Have not checked the wires to the sensors. Is there a guide around here for that?
SCT will clear and read codes, but so can most scanners, even the cheap generic OBD2 $60 ones off ebay.

I suspect your wiring, or as a coincidence, the rear o2 packed it in.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score

HEY BUD,I have an sct and a scanner if you need to clear the codes I can help.I have the same set up and no problems. I think if you clear the cell you will be ok.

OP
OP
F

FrgMstr

Thanks Pedro. You da man! I will probably just purchase my own SCT since it looks like it might come in handy.

Oh and by the way. I got asked yesterday at the dealership if I was driving you car. LOL! :rolaugh: Go figure eh? I think it was a local VCA guy, but I was in a rush and did not have time to small talk.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Pedro. You da man! I will probably just purchase my own SCT since it looks like it might come in handy.

Oh and by the way. I got asked yesterday at the dealership if I was driving you car. LOL! :rolaugh: Go figure eh? I think it was a local VCA guy, but I was in a rush and did not have time to small talk.
Thats funny, hey I got a geat deal on my SCT pm me if you like.

Ghoust

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you are just trying to clear the CEL, take the negative off your battery for 30 mins and reinstall, you should clear the CEL.

OP
OP
F

FrgMstr

If you are just trying to clear the CEL, take the negative off your battery for 30 mins and reinstall, you should clear the CEL.

Thanks, I will do that while I am waiting for the tuner. Want to see if the code comes back.

OP
OP
F

FrgMstr

Of course the day the tuner ships, the code clears itself. Don't know whether to be mad or glad. :confused:

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course the day the tuner ships, the code clears itself. Don't know whether to be mad or glad. :confused:
Is always a good idea to have an sct, now you can dyno tune your car. I had RSI dyno my car and it was a big improvement.