corsa exhaust question

ROYMAN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a belated happy holidays to all of you!
Anyways, I bought a Corsa exhaust for my 04 mamba a while back, and now that I have it inside for the winter I am going to attempt to put it on. A while ago I stumbled on a thread that discussed something regarding multiple models of the Corsa SRT exhaust, and that some of the different kinds had design flaws....

So my questions are: are there really different models of the Corsa exhaust for SRTs? How do I tell which one I purchased? Are there any design flaws to look out for or problems with a particular exhaust I should know about?

Thank you in advance, and happy new year!

-Roy

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken the latest revision was completed at the begining of 09' I believe it was the 4th done to the system and deals with the exhaust tip welds. The box it came in has a manufacturing date on it. If it has a date of 1-09 or after then you have the latest revision.

I would still call Corsa to double check though.

Good Luck.

Reaction score
If the tip has a knife edge it is old stock the newest ones have a rolled rounded tip. Both will work the newer one will fit the best.

Tack weld either system when you have final fit done or it can slip and burn the sill paint. Also make sure the tip is positioned as far forward in the hole as possible without touching when the system is cold. When it fully warms up this will move rearward from expansion. You should check this also by cycling it hot and cold before tack welding. The sills will come off and on a few times to get it right so take your time.

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They make a 3 inch and a 2.5, the 2.5 will bolt right to your stock cats. The 3 works with an
aftermarket cat like the RT or use a 2.5" to 3" union for stock cats. Both expand when hot 1/2
to 1 inch and the tips need to be mounted forward of center to compensate. The 3" with RT cats
is very loud, the 2.5 not so much and sounds better above 4k rpm IMO. I had drone with both,
not as bad with 2.5" and stock cats.

FWIW,
Herc

LynnS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ROYMAN:
If you haven’t already, do some searches on removing the side sills (especially alignment of the tip with the side sill removed and the best way to get to that pesky nut at the front/top of each sill) - you'll find some helpful information that will assist you in the installation. Good Luck!