Corsa Install

Izover4u

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Had my car worked on and corsas installed this weekend... Sounds great!! The guy who installed the exhaust tack welded the exhaust so they wouldn’t move much when they expanded. However today after taking a close look at the tips the driver side slightly sticks out farther than the passenger side... :( I was wondering what it would take to realign the driver side so it does not stick out past the sill. Would I have to re-weld or is there some type of hanger that adjusts to move the pipe in/out...?

Ask me how I realized it was sticking out??? I burned the sh@t out of my calf when getting out the car last night..:crazy2:

Thanks

Last edited:

ViperCr8zy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I spoke with the Corsa guys at VOI10 - great folks and full of good information. Their suggestion was to not tack weld the pipes and instead bolt everything up with the tips aligned close to the front of the exhaust opening. Then, drive the car without the sills to completely heat everything up, let it cool down, and then check alignment. If you make an adjustment, do it all over again until it's within your specs. Seems to make sense, and I'm going to try it when I order the Corsa's for my '08.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If one tip is in farther or out farther then you like, you have to bend the rear hanger in or out. Its best done with exhaust off the car. Unless one tip is just a little closer in, then you can also add washers to space out rear hanger. The tips look best flush or protruding just a bit. When ILLSMOQ and I intalled mine, we test fit it several times to get it right. Then tack weld to keep it from moving or rotating which Ive seen happen.

OP
OP
I

Izover4u

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply guys :2tu: I will try the washer trick if that doesnt work ill have to bring it back to the shop since I dont know how to tack weld:confused:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper