Corsa or Borla or what else?

jimmy6383

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got an 04' SRT-10, and the only thing I am not 100% satisfied with is the sound. I have read all the great things about Corsa Track but does eliminating the crossover hurt torque at lower RPMs? I think I might have heard that before...Anyways what about performance between Corsa and other exhausts? Oh and being loud is fine with me! I drive a Viper and I want everyone to know it!!

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Get the Corsa and you will like it. Dont wory about the torque. There is more power with cross over removed but it sounds different. Dodge isnt using a crossover on the 08's.

Also with Corsa it will sound nice. But still wasnt mean enough for me. You may eventually find yourself wanting more sound, then you;ll have to remove cats and it will sound nasty.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same as MikeR, Jimmy. Got the Corsa Track Cat-Back, flow-thru cats as well...sound is AWEsome--shakes the house when car is started in garage! But, not so overwhelming you can't talk......welllll, you may have to speak up a LIL bit! LOVE the sound. Make sure the Corsa is 'tacked' where your openings are, they tend to twist a bit, don't want to burn the side holes. Averaged about 30rwhp with the Corsa. (took 2 cats off-gotta pass emissions here).
Good luck! ~juli~

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got an 04' SRT-10, and the only thing I am not 100% satisfied with is the sound. I have read all the great things about Corsa Track but does eliminating the crossover hurt torque at lower RPMs? I think I might have heard that before...Anyways what about performance between Corsa and other exhausts? Oh and being loud is fine with me! I drive a Viper and I want everyone to know it!!
I would get the Belanger header/smooth tube package. Go one step further to take full advantage of the better breathing and get the VEC 3 from Roe Racing. Everywhere I go people stop and stare when they hear my black 04 come roaring down the road, it is a beast and now sounds like it as well. The sound is aggressive, not obnoxious. Oh..I picked up about 70 additional horses as well...look out Z06!!

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
headers are not a good $/hp mod at over $3,000 just headers(the SRT boys did a damn fine job with the stock header system) you are a good portion of the way to a paxton s/c. headers in conjuntion with the rest of the exhaust sytem will add less that 30 rwhp. i would do a cat back only( ilove my corsa from JonB at PartsRack)if anything. Headers are a good mod if doing a S/C or TT system and you are really spending serious money and makeing BIG hp. If you want to add serious hp add a paxton kit and you will be between 650-700 rwhp(and thats withoug headers).

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sylvans point is open to much debate. The SRT guys at DC use Belangers on many of their competition cars and I saw somewhere in a thread here that the 08 might have had Belangers on it at the AZ airshow...my Belanger/smooth tube/Vec 3 combo is good for 70 hp..and is a step towards the s/c...AND it sounds fantastic! I think the $/hp point is material only if you are considering ONLY hp and only at this stage in the mod process. I think Jimmy wants better sound and more hp...and if you do go eventually to s/c, you cannot go wrong w/ what the SRT guys are using...and that is Belangers!

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Belangers and Burns mufflers minus the 4 cats is a great combo. The Burns mufflers are pricey but worth every penny. 2 top tuners use them Levin and Heffner.

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have the full belanger system and man is it loud. Next to the corsa it makes it sounds like a classical orchestra.

Cheers
Patrick

OP
OP
J

jimmy6383

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys...and Juli. You have given me a ton to consider. I'm not quite sure what I want to do yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
userSRTbro_