Corsa Track Exhaust without Cats

Dustman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don't know if anyone has done this / posted this before, I was doing a search on here prior to this project but couldn't find anything.

When we first got our Viper last year we immediately changed the exhaust to a Corsa Track (after doing some extensive research in here) and it sure made a huge difference, not only to throttle response but also the sound was more 'adequate' for the Viper :D

However, I always felt like the driver side exhaust lacks 'flow' of some sort so I decided to take off the Cats, not only should this help airflow but also cut down on cabin heat as many of y'all have reported, but I figured it should improve the sound a bit as well (ALWAYS a welcome side-effect I suppose)

All jacked up and ready to CHOP

(took the side sills off at home and drove the Viper to the Muffler shop ~ 15 miles without panels :D)

You must be registered for see images

In order to keep the Corsa Track in place so the tip will remain "aligned" with the side panel opening, my muffler guy spot-welded two jacks to the exhaust and to the ramp (unorthodox yes but 'effective' :D )

that's the driver's side "Cat-assembly"

and IN went a connecting straight-pipe

Upon closer inspection of the driver side Cat we realized the possible cause of the 'lack' of airflow on the driver's side

A BUSTED CAT ! (at only 11.000 miles)

ANYHOO - all I can say is .......... "WHAT A DIFFERENCE" , not only in performance but the sound is just INCREDIBLE

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ2FLGedJfU[/media]

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could you give some more info on the Pistol Grip Shifter in that vid?

Car sounds good. Must scream at WOT!!:omg::D

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Buy a set of ear plugs ..... you'll need them for any rides more than 30 minutes or so.

OP
OP
D

Dustman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks guys,

actually cruised on Saturday for 2 1/2 hours, it was awesome :headbang: !

And here's the kicker, even the wife was 'blown away' by it :D

Reving higher is not an issue, it just gets sweeter ;)

Hamrhead,
The shifter I had custom made for myself and a few Viper buddies,
sent you a PM ;)

Drummerboy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was surprised by the difference in removing the cats on the Corsa. I thought my Corsa on my old SRT was the $hit until I got my new ride without cats. The corsa was loud and raspy with them on but lacked bass/throatyness the ride deserves. It's a much deeper sound without, makes the ride sound "Right" when idling (been asked if I had an aftermarket cam more than a few times), and it sounds like a Harley going down the road will all the popping on decel.

As for those who feel the car is too loud without cats, or complain about the gas smell, noone (including my girlfriend and mother) thinks it's too loud. It serves it's purpose- I'll take the DD out if I want to arrive at the Opera unruffled. The noise is music to my ears, and the extra hint of gas smell is just raw manly bad ass car scent. I rub the smell behind my ears like cologne. I love this ride so much more now - its in your face, you can hear it before you see it, smell it as you see it, and while sitting in it, feel it as it shakes and rumbles like the engine is trying to rip itself of it's motor mounts. I F'ing love it.

- Rob

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your 10-spokes look great in black. Did you have them painted or powder coated?

Drummerboy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No drone on any the Corsa's whatsoever on my end. Their RSC process is worth the extra bucks for that alone in my book. Would drive me insane if there was any drone on the car.

- Rob

You're not getting any drone at cruising rpm - around 1500?

OP
OP
D

Dustman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was surprised by the difference in removing the cats on the Corsa. I thought my Corsa on my old SRT was the $hit until I got my new ride without cats. The corsa was loud and raspy with them on but lacked bass/throatyness the ride deserves. It's a much deeper sound without, makes the ride sound "Right" when idling (been asked if I had an aftermarket cam more than a few times), and it sounds like a Harley going down the road will all the popping on decel.

As for those who feel the car is too loud without cats, or complain about the gas smell, noone (including my girlfriend and mother) thinks it's too loud. It serves it's purpose- I'll take the DD out if I want to arrive at the Opera unruffled. The noise is music to my ears, and the extra hint of gas smell is just raw manly bad ass car scent. I rub the smell behind my ears like cologne. I love this ride so much more now - its in your face, you can hear it before you see it, smell it as you see it, and while sitting in it, feel it as it shakes and rumbles like the engine is trying to rip itself of it's motor mounts. I F'ing love it.

- Rob

Couldn't have explained it any better :2tu:
LOVE the 'shake' and deep rumble it now does as compared to the Corsa with the Cats

Your 10-spokes look great in black. Did you have them painted or powder coated?

Thanks, I had them Powder Coated and they turned out great :2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang