Corsa Track Intsall on a Gen 3

jackblaha

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just finished up the install and wanted to post some additional comments to the one's I have read before...

1) It's pretty easy...but you will wind up taking the time to clean stuff, align things multiple times, etc. So it takes a lot longer than you'd think.
2) As so many people have mentioned, that front nut is a PITA to get access to. After twisting my hand to the point of carpal tunnel, I finally took the path of least resistance...take the wheel off, take the 2 10mm bolts out of the wheel well, little mud flap thing off, and pull it out of the way to get to the bolt. Seriously cut the second sill removal time by half.
3) I don't think the skid plate has enough torx bolts...
4) A friend (with experience or not) is a must
5) I haven't had any welding done (yet) but can't imagine that I will need given the 45 lb/ft of torque appplied to the clamps...(trust me, you won't trust your torque wrench when you do it)

It was great getting under the car and admiring the engineering in it...beautifully simple.

Anyway, highly recommend you take a Sunday and do it yourself. Really not hard, you don't need a lift, and the best feeling is starting it up after ou have it all put together.

I know there's tons of posts on this, but had to pass along my excitement.

JonB...thanks for the quick delivery...made my weekend (and you were even nice on a Monday)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just finished up the install and wanted to post some additional comments to the one's I have read before...

1) It's pretty easy...

I know there's tons of posts on this, but had to pass along my excitement.

JonB...thanks for the quick delivery...made my weekend (and you were even nice on a Monday)

HEY ! Dont be spreading rumors about me !

Thanks Jack

OP
OP
J

jackblaha

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Alright...fair enough... you did yell at me at one point...just a little...

Sure I deserved it