Corsa Track Re-do And 2" Lowering Kit Firt Thoughts

TommyG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In March of this year I bought the Corsa Track and Random tech cats from Jon B and had them installed near where I live in San Antonio. Later in the year I was warned by a Viper crew cheif that it sounded like I could have a leak. The first and only time I took the snake to a road course event, after my first session I noticed the tips were all the way back rubbing the openning of the sill and scorching it to a crisp brown with pain peeling or cracking off. Pretty soon after I learn that the Corsa expands and should be cold mounted forward in the whole to allow for this. I have my true blue mechanic Akram with Motorwerks Houston come pick the car up to do a re-do. Akram works on everything from Germans to Italians to good ole American Muscle and I had him tune my 911/996 turbo to 650 hp at the crank last year. He has Fantastic customer service and is a true pro. Anyway, we find out that where the cats go to the headers the clamps were so loose he could remove with his fingers. Akram re-centered the tips, tack welded some spots took the car through several heat cycles to make sure the tips went to center when cold but did not burn my car when hot. Everything worked out perfect. If you need a trustworthy integrity pro for any of your toys I would highly recommend [email protected].

The 2" kit however was not what I expected. There is a noticable loss of horizontal leg room that comes with the gain in visability. I am 6'2" and 215 I think most would say I am about even on the torso/leg distrobution. When I went for the kit I was under the impression it bolted fixed to the position that the seat would be in when stock and pushed all the way back. It does not. It appears that the room needed to put the bolts in the rear to the floor might be 2 or more inches and hence my legs are that much scrunched forward. My arms also seem more bent than before and so when I go to turn, my elbows are hitting the center console and drivers side door. Is it possible there are two versions of this 2" kit? One that mounts all the way back and another that mounts more forward? I only just now read Dman's post and it does not really matter because I had already ordered and had the kit delivered when the post went up. Dman is having the same problem I am. I am going to try and get used to it for a while and push my rear end all the way up on the lumbar part of the seat as that helps a bit. I called around to see if the kit may have been installed wrong but everyone said there is only one way to put it in so no luck there.

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In March of this year I bought the Corsa Track and Random tech cats from Jon B and had them installed near where I live in San Antonio. Later in the year I was warned by a Viper crew cheif that it sounded like I could have a leak. The first and only time I took the snake to a road course event, after my first session I noticed the tips were all the way back rubbing the openning of the sill and scorching it to a crisp brown with pain peeling or cracking off. Pretty soon after I learn that the Corsa expands and should be cold mounted forward in the whole to allow for this. I have my true blue mechanic Akram with Motorwerks Houston come pick the car up to do a re-do. Akram works on everything from Germans to Italians to good ole American Muscle and I had him tune my 911/996 turbo to 650 hp at the crank last year. He has Fantastic customer service and is a true pro. Anyway, we find out that where the cats go to the headers the clamps were so loose he could remove with his fingers. Akram re-centered the tips, tack welded some spots took the car through several heat cycles to make sure the tips went to center when cold but did not burn my car when hot. Everything worked out perfect. If you need a trustworthy integrity pro for any of your toys I would highly recommend [email protected].

The 2" kit however was not what I expected. There is a noticable loss of horizontal leg room that comes with the gain in visability. I am 6'2" and 215 I think most would say I am about even on the torso/leg distrobution. When I went for the kit I was under the impression it bolted fixed to the position that the seat would be in when stock and pushed all the way back. It does not. It appears that the room needed to put the bolts in the rear to the floor might be 2 or more inches and hence my legs are that much scrunched forward. My arms also seem more bent than before and so when I go to turn, my elbows are hitting the center console and drivers side door. Is it possible there are two versions of this 2" kit? One that mounts all the way back and another that mounts more forward? I only just now read Dman's post and it does not really matter because I had already ordered and had the kit delivered when the post went up. Dman is having the same problem I am. I am going to try and get used to it for a while and push my rear end all the way up on the lumbar part of the seat as that helps a bit. I called around to see if the kit may have been installed wrong but everyone said there is only one way to put it in so no luck there.
\

Isn't it great having your car in such good hands and with someone you trust. We have someone up here by the name of 'Chuck' who is the same!!

As far as i know there is only one 2" lowering kit. I have it on my '05. I have the 1" on my '09. The 2" is definitely a tad more forward than the 1" inch fully back. I didn't realize though until I had it installed on the '09. IMHO though I still prefer the 2". Hate leaning to see under the visors forward to see if the light is green or red.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like the person who first installed them did not know what they were doing. I also bought the Corsa and cats from Jon but had my Viper tech at Tomball Dodge do them right the first time. He even mentioned the fact about expansion and movement, and did a great job. Kudos to Tomball Dodge service dept.

OP
OP
T

TommyG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
\

Isn't it great having your car in such good hands and with someone you trust. We have someone up here by the name of 'Chuck' who is the same!!

As far as i know there is only one 2" lowering kit. I have it on my '05. I have the 1" on my '09. The 2" is definitely a tad more forward than the 1" inch fully back. I didn't realize though until I had it installed on the '09. IMHO though I still prefer the 2". Hate leaning to see under the visors forward to see if the light is green or red.

Yes for sure, Chuck is THE MAN! and has given me some good tips for stuff like adjusting my hood switch to get my alarm to stop going off over the phone. So I guess what you are saying is that with the 1" kit you still have to crane a bit to see those lights hugh? Well you have a point so I just went and sat in the new lowered seat but I was bare foot and it felt better. I'll have to give it some time and see if I can get used to it. It just feels akward since the break pedal is already located right under the steering wheel so my knee will touch the colum if I don't raise it some. Shame those pedals didn't go down just a tad bit further and I think I would be ok.

OP
OP
T

TommyG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds like the person who first installed them did not know what they were doing. I also bought the Corsa and cats from Jon but had my Viper tech at Tomball Dodge do them right the first time. He even mentioned the fact about expansion and movement, and did a great job. Kudos to Tomball Dodge service dept.

I agree. It was actually Ben Keatings crew chief that first noticed the sound of a leak. Ben as you probably know ownes Tomball. What I do notice now is I don't get near as much of the cool pooping/crackling noise at throttle lift which I kinda liked. I sounds pretty darn tightly sealed down there though.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. It was actually Ben Keatings crew chief that first noticed the sound of a leak. Ben as you probably know ownes Tomball. What I do notice now is I don't get near as much of the cool pooping/crackling noise at throttle lift which I kinda liked. I sounds pretty darn tightly sealed down there though.
Just cut the mufflers off for a real sound. Yea, I know Ben.........