Cost of Striping?

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've looked at threads about striping, but they are focused on color and style of stripes.

I know area of the country has some impact on cost, but could I get a sense of what it cost people to stripe their cars, painted at this point. I am thinking of striping the standard factory style of two wide stripes.

I know one body shop (does lots of show cars and Vipers) that quoted me a price, very high and more than I would spend, striping not that important.

Thanks!:headbang:

VJR3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
$2,500 is a good price actually. To paint the stripes on each panel requirers the full panel to be painted. Its alot on materials to do the job and time too. So when all said and done you'll almost have a full paint job.

1OF76RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To paint stripes VJR3 is correct. Body panels have to come off, clear coat stripped, panels reinstalled to line up stripes perfectly, taken off again to paint and clear and reinstalled. It is a lot of work, more the just painting the car. mine cost significantly more than $2500

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know the local strip joint typically cost............ oh you said stripes!! Locally 3k for stripes and just had an ACR Gen IV get drivers stripe for 1500.00

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks all! Yes, the body shop I spoke to said essentially the same thing about taking off each body panel for striping. Quoted $3,500 if clear coat only the stripes, much more if he has to clear coat the entire panel.

In terms of price/value, not sure I can justify the value (to me) of putting stripes on the car at that price vs. doing other mods. For me, I never had a great desire to put them on, I like them, but also like the clean look without.

Appreciate the perspective!:2tu:

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I paid $3500 for mine and it included removing all panels and clear coating the whole car. The quote you recieved seems about right.

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I realize it is a labor intensive process and that is the reason for the price. It would seem that, for the less expensive prices, that they would not be dismantling the car. That isn't to say that those paint jobs don't come out good, but have to wonder what the differences are when all is said and done!:D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21