Crack inside center console arm rest lid. What to do?

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I noticed a crack inside my center console, where a rubber stopper for the lid is. The crack can be seen in the lower right quadrant of each pic below.

Viper is a 2010, and was purchased new, with new car warranty, less than three months ago.

Is the crack likely to get worse? Should I get the dealer to fix it, or just leave it? I definitely don't want to have to baby it or keep my arm off the console.

Thanks in advance for you input.

You must be registered for see images attach

08viperviolet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2010 had the same problem. I had them change it under warranty. Take it in they will order new part and takes hour or less to change. Good luck.

OP
OP
T

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hyper: I'm 6'2 and 210 lbs. :)

VIPER GTSR 91 and 08viperviolet: Thank you very much for the input. It'll be heading to the dealer. :)

PootyP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
100% take it in and get it replaced.... wait and they will blame it on you and make you buy a new one... and by thier cost of wiper blades im guessing thats a $500.00 plus piece of plastic

Dodge uses only plastic polymers from Mars in all thier parts.

Dodge must buy really crappy plastic though, bc my dodge truck dash cracked to pieces in 4-5 yrs and my 03 srt has some hair line cracks in plastic by door pulls and arm rest but i can live with them.

Ryan

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Crack inside center console arm rest lid. What to do?"...

Call the police! That stuff is very addicting and not to mention, very illegal...

Better look through the entire car and make sure there isn't more....

:rolaugh: