Cracked Fog Lamp Lens

Urhuckleberry

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am having trouble finding a replacement fog lamp lens for my '02 RT/10...can someone provide a little insight please? I was considering a clear lens or unit, but don't have any of the specs or know where to start looking.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jason

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another, cheaper alternative for a cracked lense would be a film overlay, either tinted or clear. (How often does anyine actually need to use fog lights with a Viper?)

Reaction score
The 2002 doesn't have a separate lens or cover, the assembly is sold as a whole. Mopar currently shows over 500 of them in stock, so check with a certified Mopar dealer. You have a PM.

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a tiny chip on my left fog lens too , and thinking of adding a clear plastic of some sorts that would cushion the impact from stones.My Navigator has plastic lens for foglights and still got cracked though ,getting water behind killing the bulb.:(

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Another, cheaper alternative for a cracked lense would be a film overlay, either tinted or clear. (How often does anyine actually need to use fog lights with a Viper?)

Hehe , I use mine at night , nice and shiny :lmao:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7DjSizYqbk[/media]

OP
OP
U

Urhuckleberry

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The 2002 doesn't have a separate lens or cover, the assembly is sold as a whole. Mopar currently shows over 500 of them in stock, so check with a certified Mopar dealer. You have a PM.
Thank you...got your PM. As mentioned, one of the lens' is cracked completely across, and moisture inside. I would like to replace the units with one without the ridges in it...completely transparent. Thanks to all for your help.

Jason

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
U can call JonB @ Parts Rack, Woodhouse, Roanoke, Tator, many others that i have forgotten...

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dont dismiss the "clear lens" stick on solution..... these dang things are stupid expensice, and you can crack the new one next week! The stick-ons hold almost forever, and will protect NEW ones if you decide to buy those.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That's a good idea! Any suggestions on what to use?

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont dismiss the "clear lens" stick on solution..... these dang things are stupid expensice, and you can crack the new one next week! The stick-ons hold almost forever, and will protect NEW ones if you decide to buy those.

If It Fits On or In A Viper, PartsRack Probably Has It.

That's a good idea! Any suggestions on what to use?

I wonder if that PartsRack guy has some pre-cut stuff for foglamps and headlamps?

I did some internet search, and we would be wanting something in the 20-40 mil range. For the fog lamps it wouldn't really need to be something special. For headlamps you'd want something optically clear, not just run of the mill paint protection film.

I met a guy that covers his (Vette) at the track with three layers of Home Depot frosted shelf liner vinyl !

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The challenge here is that the OP is looking for an actual "ridgeless" lens, not a clear cover. The latter is cheap and readily available. 3M and several other manufacturers sell the optically clear self-adhesive materials and you need only cut and apply them. Others sell full kits for the Viper, including headlights and fog lights. Either way, plentiful and inexpensive.

The question is whether or not there is an actual lens for the Gen I/II cars that is perfectly clear as it is on the later generation cars: No ridges and no distortions, you can see the bulb and projector perfectly clearly. Interesting question!

OP
OP
U

Urhuckleberry

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The challenge here is that the OP is looking for an actual "ridgeless" lens, not a clear cover. The latter is cheap and readily available. 3M and several other manufacturers sell the optically clear self-adhesive materials and you need only cut and apply them. Others sell full kits for the Viper, including headlights and fog lights. Either way, plentiful and inexpensive.

The question is whether or not there is an actual lens for the Gen I/II cars that is perfectly clear as it is on the later generation cars: No ridges and no distortions, you can see the bulb and projector perfectly clearly. Interesting question!

Exactly what I was asking, but you spelled it out perfectly and are on the same page. Thats what I want and i'm not dismissing putting a protective covering over them once I get the right lens i'm looking for, either adhesive to lens or if they have a protective outer cover in conjunction. My sincere apologies for not being to find the right words to describe exactly what I'm looking for.

On the other hand, I am very thankful for everyones' eagerness to help me out and provide plenty of options. Love having all of this combined knowledge and experience at my fingertips! You guys are awesome!

Big thanks to Y2K!

OP
OP
U

Urhuckleberry

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Exactly what I was asking, but you spelled it out perfectly and are on the same page. Thats what I want and i'm not dismissing putting a protective covering over them once I get the right lens i'm looking for, either adhesive to lens or if they have a protective outer cover in conjunction. My sincere apologies for not being to find the right words to describe exactly what I'm looking for.

On the other hand, I am very thankful for everyones' eagerness to help me out and provide plenty of options. Love having all of this combined knowledge and experience at my fingertips! You guys are awesome!

Big thanks to Y2K!

something similar to this type of lens....and then add some sort of protector...
You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I wonder if that PartsRack guy has some pre-cut stuff for foglamps and headlamps?

I did some internet search, and we would be wanting something in the 20-40 mil range. For the fog lamps it wouldn't really need to be something special. For headlamps you'd want something optically clear, not just run of the mill paint protection film.

Short answer is YES. For all 4 lenses for 2 fog and 2 headlights. Cheap protection. And they DO hold the fractured fog lenses together and somewhat camoflage the crack! And they prevent expensive damage...

The 4pc kits are sold for most exotics in the usual 'gar-guy' catalogues like Griots and Herringtons......