Crank pully -damper

Rickman6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm curios if the pully is really keyed to the crank on a stock Viper as illustraded in the spare part catalog? According to some people in the forum it not uncommen they come loose?? Mine is a 2000 GTS and the bolt I found on my snake was loose when I checked but the pully it self seemed fine! I've now tightened and loctited it but still...

Anyone that can shed some light on this subject?:confused:

Catalog can be found on the following:

wwww.chryslerparts.net

Brgds Rickman

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The damper and pulley are NOT keyed to the crank. My pulley unscrewed on it's own on my 2000 RT/10. Chuck Tator of Tator's Dodge hooked me up with a Roe Racing pin kit and I had it pinned at a local shop but it can be done in your own garage if you have the time and balls to drill into your crank. The crank bolt needs to be torqued to 250 ft/lbs per factory spec to stay on so I am sure you need to tighten it some more if it is loose.

OP
OP
R

Rickman6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow...That's really bad...I checked through the sparepart catalog last night (again)all the way back to 1993 year model and it clearly shows a key for the pulley...
Thank you very much for your input and advice.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The key for the crank in the catalog is NOT for the Balancer, it is for the Cam Gear Sprocket- that is actually keyed. Which raises the question... they ran the process on the crank anyway, what cheap-ass at Chrysler decided to not just put a damn keyway an inch in the other direction? Never ceases to amaze me...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang