Cream Puff owners with SCs

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those of you with SCs what PSI are you running, assuming you are still a cream puff? I have been told 6PSI is a magical number to not exceed without a piston upgrade?? I just want to make sure. I will be SC my SRT Ram soon and wanted a few more opinions. Seems several truck owners have blown their engines, and I do not mean they attached the SC, they really blew the engine :crazy:

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 creampuffs..Roe blowers..both at 5 pounds...no water/****.

Put 9,300 miles on the 2000 car this summer with track time--no problems. 64,000 miles on this car.

8,500 miles on the 2001 car SC, but we've only had it for 1500 miles--no problems.
14,150 miles on this car.

Steve

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
6.5 pounds with water/****, and have 5 damaged pistons on my 2001. I will be going to a N/A setup now, so I will have a polished Roe S/C with water/**** kit for sale soon.

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put a Magnuson SC on my Tahoe and a Weiand on 52 Chev. The Tahoe came with a programmer. On the 52 I had to recurved the advance and richen the Carb 2 jet sizes so it wouldn't detonate which is what kills an engine in a hurry. Start out rick on on the ******** timing sid ethen slowly move to lean and more advance. Both mine are 6.5 on 92 octane. The Ping, detonation, is what blows up the engines. If you hear it at all let up on the gas immediately. :headbang: