Cross Atlantic transport

Topawam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am looking for Freight Companies that could transport my GTS across the pond in the best conditions. Thank in advance for your feedbacks.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bruno my GTS Davie friend is just sending some US cars back to sell on in the UK, believe he's using the local docks, roll on roll off. One of our UK members VIPER BAZ just got his new RT/10 through OK just a couple of weeks ago in a container using a FL company. I'll ask him to post the details here

OP
OP
T

Topawam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Neil,
I hope to see your friend this WE at the Mopar Show. Thank you for the help.
Viper Baz,
Thanks for the link and the reference.
:2tu: European VCA rocks.

OP
OP
T

Topawam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am actually going to France. But, England is definitely on my agenda to meet the UK members at one of your events.

OP
OP
T

Topawam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great events... I wish I could make it for the Isle of Man !!! :crazy: (It doesn't seem doable this year)
Friends and I are working on creating a VCA-France, researching the owners, etc... Would be great for the clubs to interact.
I am heading South of France, don't know precisely yet. I am used to a certain heat now... :p

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
spent quite a bit of time holidaying and working in France, only ever seen one viper (black gen1 RT) but that was in Monaco

I've noticed France doesnt have many 'sportscars' in general, porsche, ferrari, lambo etc its just full of boring Renault and Citreon, except at the Lemans time when the Brits take over that region :) Thats a must if you haven been before. French roads are usually excellent condition espicially the toll roads, where you can put your foot down

Good luck with finding some other French viper owners there must be a few out there.. somewhere

OP
OP
T

Topawam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have found French Viper owners thru ViperPassion.com . Not to many, but the intensity of the passion is here. ;) I keep looking.
Your statement about the country is very true, this is making Viper owner even more rare and unique. :2tu:

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The viper is a very much loved car in France, when 10 of us had a spirited cruise to Lemans all in one line, we got thumbs up, plenty of smiles and flashing lights from on coming cars all the way across the country

OP
OP
T

Topawam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think a lot of french are passionate about sports cars, the success of all racing events is a proof. But the way of living does not prioritize the cars for most of them... :(
I have heard good and bad things about Roll-on, Roll-off and Containers, any pros & cons from your experiences.
Thanks again for all your help. :2tu:

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally prefer a container so it has some protection for the three week crossing....
Anything could fall on it or even DODGEy shipmates...
Baz

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
A Ram , Reg Cab, will fit in a 20 ft. container. All else need to go in a 40 ft one. I know one company who swears he can get a Quad Cab in a 20ft trailer with 3 inches on each end, but I know of no others that will even attempt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery