crossfire

pauljkopick

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wife interested in a crossfire. I know hp is low. Any thoughts or comments by owners or anyone whose has driven them. Kinda odd looking. Thanks :usa:

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shouldn't be long until the SRT-6 version of the Crossfire is out. Wait for that and you might actually have some power too! :2tu:

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the car had a nice fit and finish. I agree with Casey, wait for the SRT-6 or they will be offering a Crossfire convertible soon.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT-6 should be available this summer (along with the roadster). It'll have 330 HP. The coupe SRT-6 will cost about $46k and the roadster SRT-6 will cost about $49k.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The whole thing blows - $46k is way too much for an SRT-6 and it should at least offer the choice of a stick or automatic.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a solid car, and for the wife and for 30 Grnad, you get a really nice looking car with enough power to get around. A real deal when you compare it to others in its class.

Saw the SRT6 today in person and it looks great. Didn't check inside to see if it was stick or Auto, but that should be easy to find out.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven't driven the SRT-6, but did get some quality seat time in a burgundy Crossfire a couple weeks ago. Impressions? Very good looking in that color and drew a lot of interest from other folks. Drove comfortably, albeit a little mild for such aggressive looks. Interior looks sharp with a decidedly aluminum feel, however it also seems a bit plastic once you get settled in. The seats were comfortable and the car easy to drive. Stereo was good, while finding a place to put your stuff was a challenge. Definitely a two-seater in every respect. The biggest complaint I had was the C-pillar: When backing up or changing lanes it is the biggest blind spot I can ever recall in a car. You get used to it, but it is still disconcerting.

Bottom line: Great looking car that attracts a LOT of attention, especially with those 18" wheels on it. Has a decidedly Mercedes look to it without the Mercedes finish. Build quality seems good, while the materials seem cheap. Definitely underpowered for most folks, but adequate if you don't have a heavy right foot. For $35,000 it didn't blow me away by any means, especially with the fully equipped 300C coming in near the same price with an extra set of seats and a 340HP Hemi.

Click here to see what actual owners have to say about the Crossfire

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has a decidedly Mercedes look to it without the Mercedes finish.

It is a Mercedes. The old SLK with a new skin. Made in the same German factory as the SLK by the same people. Park an SLK and a Crossfire side by side and it's obvious. Even all the dash controls are identical, save the colors.