Cruise control Installation

jwolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed my Snake-Oyl Cruise control this weekend, an installation report is at:
http://******.vinu.edu/Viper upgrades/cruise/index.htm

Cruise install

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Did it a few years ago - the unit works great.

But as you found out, the directions were not the best concerning the wiring at the C100 connector.

I mounted the actuator at the bottom of the left front wheel well, near the ground screw.

Didn't have to move any wiring at this location and no heat shield needed.

OP
OP
J

jwolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry that web file got corrupted and had the pictures all messed up. I think I have it repair so if it didn't make sense last time you looked at it try again.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uggg........ Not a fan of added gizmos in my viper but to each, their own.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After driving from Indy to NYC, my right knee was a pretzel. Installed the Snake Oyl cruise control and never regretted it. 10 years later still works great.

OP
OP
J

jwolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got back from a trip to Tail of the Dragon/Gatlinburg and without the cruise I would not have made it, Even with the cruise I had to stop every 3 hours to stretch my legs with out my legs would have fallen off.

DublinOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Made the trip from PA to The black hills of SD last summer. This is a mod I wish I had. I had to switch to my left foot for a while on throttle because my right kept cramping.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uggg........ Not a fan of added gizmos in my viper but to each, their own.

Same here. 129,000 miles cruiseless and still no desire to add it. But like you said, to each their own. The aftermarket is great, it lets folks customize their Viper any way they want.

Roffey

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just had mine installed a couple weeks back. The mechanic found an old turn signal/cruise control arm and hooked it up to that. VERY cool!
Looks and works just like it came standard. He's getting an extra case of beer at Christmas for that idea!!:cool:

Haven't had a chance to test it for the long haul yet, it kinda fluctuates a little at lower speeds but she hums right along at 70 and above.
I'm happy with it!:2tu:

OP
OP
J

jwolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like an great write up! Any chance you can get all your pictures to work again?

Try it again they load for me, it's small PC it may be a traffic issue.

I don't think I have set mine below 50 but is steady at 50 mph

Mutts02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had mine set at 30 mph in town and it held the speed right on the dot! The only issue I have seen so far is that my wireless transmitter that mounts on the steering wheel likes to eat batteries at the rate of about one per month to month and a half. I'm very interested to see photos of the one mounted to look like factory, does it wire into the wireless receiver mounted under the dash? Jeff

Roffey

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Let me re-phrase. The MPH is spot on at all speeds, it's just that at lower speeds the engine is working harder to keep it there. At higher speed the engine has less accel/decel, which is to be expected I guess. Only had experience with cruise control on automatics in the past.

Here is a pic of the finished install:
You must be registered for see images attach

I just thought he came up with a neat idea to tie it in with the turn signal. Washer/wiper and everything else works like it should as well.
Not sure how he connected it to 'talk' to the cruise unit, but it works like a charm!:2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte