Cryo Co2 kit for superchargers

heatandair

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone used these systems to cool the charge going through the interooler? Is it safe to mount this bottle on the rear deck behind the seats of a GTS. Does it really benefit the RWHP in hot conditions? Ive noticed that other companies make these kits as well..

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have a Roe, you don't have an intercooler. You knew that, didn't you? This kit wouldn't help so much.

SMCBUILDERSINC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roe has an intercooler in the works, so I hear.

The Nitrous inter cooler can spray nitrous or Co2. Co2 is like $.10 per pound, real cheap. They said a honda civic got another 52 FWHP out of it.

poweradded

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no, from playing paintball and leaving a tank in my car a few years ago, when a co2 tank gets too hot there is a small copper plug on the side that blows out and releases all the liquid.

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a 20lb CO2 tank let go inside my truck. The relief valve let go & it scared the hell out of me & the fog in the truck would have been almost undriveable ( I was parked). If I had one in my car I would have an enclosure built to keep contents contained in case the relief valve let loose.

My .02
Andy

varanus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roe has an intercooler in the works, so I hear.

The Nitrous inter cooler can spray nitrous or Co2. Co2 is like $.10 per pound, real cheap. They said a honda civic got another 52 FWHP out of it.

I believe the intercooler will be under the blower so there may not be a lot of room for this

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I've talked to these guys about incorporating something into the Supercharger inlet or outlet. It will add power, but would be best suited for drag racing runs, like Nitrous. I forget what size bottle (maybe 10 lb) would last maybe 15 passes.
Here's the link:
http://www.designengineering.com/
Regards,
Sean

SMCBUILDERSINC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean, I have located a company that offers a lesser priced alternative to the DEI and NOS versions of the chiller. Heres a copy of what the owner said about his system which attaches to the front of the intercooler only.
Its like 150-250 dollars complete compared to 400-500 for the other companies kits.

If you are already making 750 RWHP you could see an easy 50-85 hp gain even more. A customer with a
500+hp Supra made a 60hp gain at the rear wheels. http://www.intercoolertechniques.com/Dyno.html this is the dyno to prove it. Since you are making quite a bit more power than the supra you are looking at
some real nice HP #'s. I leave my bottle in my car all the time, no problems here. I would recomend a 5lb bottle. The last about 15+ passes down the drag strip, and the bottle is much more easy to store in a smaller car (viper)

Please let me know if you have any other questions

Chris Rogers
www.intercoolertechniques.com

913-290-0713

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't see how these can benefit a car on the street. Good for a 1/4 blast and a dyno run, but that's about it..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine