Curb Rash

RT10viperfan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is curb rash such an issue for the Viper? I have really tried to figure out what is so unique about the Viper from other sports cars and I don't get it. Every single classified ad has mention of curb rash or the lack thereof.

Also went to the book store yesterday in hopes of finding a really good book on Vipers, specifically the differences between the Gen 2 and 3 RT10. Obviously the top is a big one and the Gen 3 would be more suitable for me. Can anyone recommend a really good learners manual for the Viper?

Thanks for your patience with my Viper for Dummy questions. :2tu:

yogibayer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pick up the Vipers Buyers Guide by Maurice Liang. It will answer most, if not all, of your questions. If you're looking for a daily driver without a top, I would have to recommend the SRT Conv. The RT/10 is too much of a pain getting the top on and off to consider it something for daily driving IMHO.

OP
OP
R

RT10viperfan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! That looks like the perfect book for me. And no the car will not be a daily driver but would be driven ******* most of the time! :D

Ok so nobody knows anything about curb rash? :dunno: Where am I Viper Alley? (Just kidding Packet)

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Curb rash. The car is wider than you think, lower than you think and longer than you think. End result = curb rash.

Haven't you driven one before? Must've been a big parking lot.

OP
OP
R

RT10viperfan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Curb rash. The car is wider than you think, lower than you think and longer than you think. End result = curb rash.

Haven't you driven one before? Must've been a big parking lot.

Oh just great!! I thought driving it was the part I needed to worry about. Now I have to worry about being able to park it too? And it was a big parking lot! I think I need some more practice driving before I worry about the parking.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Curb rash also happens a lot on these cars versus "regular" vehicles because the tires are lower profile. Take a look at your typical SUV, truck, etc. versus Viper tires and you'll see. That means the rims are low enough to rub against curbs, unlike SUVs, etc.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And the wheel outside edge is proud as the sidewalls do not stick out much. That makes it easy to touch the wheel lip on a curb.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32