Current wheel scams on ebay...

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This may be old news, if so Sorry!

I bid on a set of 4 2003 SRT wheels to put them on my GTS. I got 3 e-mails with-in a day or two of entering my bid. All three were almost the same word of word.

"I'm sorry to contact you this way, but I see you entered a bid for a set of wheels for a dodge viper. I have a new in the box set of 2003 SRT wheels like you have bid on. I will sell them to you for $1,500.00. Would you like to buy them?"

I ignored two of the e-mails. The last one I acted like I wanted to buy them, then deep into the deal I said I need to use an escrow service, which I will pay all the fees.....

Return e-mail: "I do not use escrow, sorry."

My return e-mail: "I figured this was a scam."

Ebay user name was Frostcoyote and e-mail addy was Coredosai at aol . com.

I'd like to get my hands around one of these guys necks and just..... Did I say that out loud?

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another guy constantly has a set of Gen2 18" wheels for sale. I emailed him to say that I had someone in London that could take a look at them, he responded that due to his schedule he could not make the arrangements. This guy had only 1 feedback and it was negative, from a set of 18" wheels that apparently he didn't deliver on, and here he is with another set for sale. I would no more buy a set of Viper wheels off of ebay from these "wheel" schiesters than take poison. There are brothers right here that have the goods for sale and I would much rather deal with.