Dan Knott, VCA Friend, and a Great Guy

Vipergtsbob

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Friends,
Don't get a lot of time to post lately, but Chris Marshall just advised that Dan Knott, only 51, and Chrysler Purchasing Chief, Former head of SRT and a long and dedicated friend to the VCA, has publicly announced that he is retiring due to very serious illness. I can't say enough about what Dan meant to the VCA especially during his years as head of the then fledgling group loosely called "SRT". When our club was experiencing serious financial difficulties, (indeed as the National Treasurer at the time I can attest) that literally had us teetering on bankruptcy with thousands and thousands of dollars of debt and only about 20K in our entire treasury! The National Officers and Board of Directors turned to our friend Dan who was trying to establish SRT and himself facing many corporate challenges. Without hesitation, I can personally attest to his "don't worry, we get you through this". And a man of his word, he did. He forgave over 35 thousand in debt, helped us with getting reduced costs for raffle cars and other positive help, best left in our history. Without Dan's personal help, I am not sure we would have the immensely strong and financially sound VCA we have today, indeed, maybe without Dan, the VCA would be history. What impressed us most, is he never, once, ever asked for gratitude, for credit for helping us, nor even recognition of his personal help. A true gentleman, an outstanding automotive industry executive by everyone's measure, he simply "DID IT"! Simply, Dan was there for us when we needed help most. Many get and deserve, credit for their unselfish contributions to the VCA. Dan never wanted nor sought credit, but perhaps his story needs telling now.

Please join with me to keep Dan and his family in our prayers. True friends, men with real character when no one is looking, are getting rarer each day. Dan is such a man and lets hope and pray we can aid him in his fight, even if it is by our spirit and prayer.

Bob Carroll
VCA National President
2007-09

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Can only echo what Bob said.

Very sorry to hear this news.

Dan is a great, confident guy and I am sure he can beat this issue.

Viper Prayers will help speed this process along!!

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I remember Dan's articles, funny guy.

Hope you get well, Dan, God blass.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I met Dan at a VCA Meeting in Las Vegas where he was very generous with his knowledge and his time.

In our prayers...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte