Delivery Items

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have been looking on this forum for a little over a year. I finally worked it out with my wife to buy a new Viper-she thought it was too extravagant given my other toys. I pick it up today.

What should come with the car from the dealer? It is a new 2004 with 21 miles.

I assume there should be an owner's manual, a couple of keyless remotes, (lousy) front license plate bracket, and various warranty books, but am not sure if there should be any CD, floor mats, trunk mat, or VCA membership info.

I bought the car locally, but am picking it up at a dealer a couple of hundred miles away- I leave in about 4 hours (1:00 PM CDT).

Thanks!!!

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I thought the '04 was equipped with a trunk mat (mine came with one). You'll have to purchase the floor mats separately (call Chuck Tator). No CD only the manuals and you should get the one-year complimentary VCA membership information in the mail in about three weeks.

ARMORGOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It may also include the black "cover" for the convertible top, that you use when it is down and stowed. Some of the cars produced in early 2004 had their covers mailed to their owners and the rest of the cars are supposed to come with them.

Your VCA info/membership will not come from the dealer at purchase time. It all comes in the mail and there is a number that you can call to be proactive about it, if you want (don't have access to the number right now, otherwise I'd post it).

Congratulations on your new SRT.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CONGRATULATIONS! You are getting two great things today: Your brand new Viper and your VCA membership in one of the greatest car clubs on the planet.

As for the car: You should get trunk mats (preinstalled), owners manual/warranty booklets, two keys/fobs, license plate bracket, and a convertible boot cover. As mentioned above, some of the earlier 2004's didn't come with the boot cover. If they don't have one for it, drop me a PM or e-mail and let me know.

I would also STRONGLY recommend that you call them before you leave and make sure they have checked all of the TSB's & the recall on it. Loose bolts (cam bolts were an actual recall item) befell some of the 2004's (not all). You definitely don't want to have to go back to the dealer for this - or worse. It's also nice to know your car is up to ***** on all of those issues.

As for the VCA: Your selling dealer should be sending in the paperwork for you and you will be assigned to your new VCA region. Being in Iowa, you just happen to fall into one of the most active regions in the world - ours! I will personally make sure you are set up with the VCA and eligible for all of the VCA events immediately. Indeed, start making plans to bring that new car down to Kansas City in less than three weeks for the biggest Viper event of 2005:

The Viper Club of America Southwest Zone Rendezvous

You will get to meet a LOT of other new Viper owners and also play with a couple new factory-provided Vipers on the autocross (and yours if you wish). There will be a lot of folks coming down from Iowa as well. Great way to get started on your ownership experience!

Again, congratulations on your new Viper and welcome to the VCA.

Chris

Reaction score
...and you should get the one-year complimentary VCA membership information in the mail in about three weeks.

Although I'm still waiting for mine after 6 months.

As Chris stated....the ball gets rolling by the selling dealer, not the VCA itself. And, sadly, many non-Viper-friendly dealers drop that ball. Hopefully this is NOT the case. Did they send in the paperwork (do you know)? If you need any contact info for VIper HQ, let us know. I checked your profile for your full name....not listed, so I am unable to check the database that I currently have, sorry!

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As I mentioned in my earlier post, I received mine in the mail three weeks after taking delivery of the car. You can call the VCA directly to expedite the process.

Reaction score
The dealer and VCA took good care of me within a couple weeks of buying my beast, I received my magazine, and then a couple weeks thereafter I received my welcome letter and badges and just received my second magazine last week.

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As I mentioned in my earlier post, I received mine in the mail three weeks after taking delivery of the car. You can call the VCA directly to expedite the process.

Thanks for the concern,

I did call VCA direct after 2 months. They said don't worry - somtimes it takes 2-3 months.

I called them after 3 months. They said don't worry - sometimes it takes 3-4 months.

I called them after 4 months. They took my info over the phone but that was a long time ago. Still nothing. The sad part is that all I want the membership for is so that I can buy some decals.

Eventually I get it.

:-(