Delivery Question

67PLY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll try not to stir up any trouble this time. I have seen mentioned several times about "free delivery". Can someone explain this please!

Thanks,
Joe B

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll try not to stir up any trouble this time. I have seen mentioned several times about "free delivery". Can someone explain this please!

Thanks,
Joe B

Can you please dial it in a bit? About what are you inquiring? Factory delivery of a Viper? :dunno:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
(i will try my hardest to kep this gen III/IV related)

go out and buy a purple ACR. let me drive it and store it for you here in IL over the next year. i will pay to have it delivered to me.

to you - free delivery.

:D

Last edited:
OP
OP
67PLY

67PLY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, you would think I might know how to do this by now! Someone mentioned that if you had Prefix do something other than the normal stripes,and such, that you would lose free dealer delivery.
Thanks,
Joe

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Wow, you would think I might know how to do this by now! Someone mentioned that if you had Prefix do something other than the normal stripes,and such, that you would lose free dealer delivery. Thanks, Joe

Duhh.... that 'splains it...........

Delivery is NOT FREE. One USA delivery costs you $880, on the VIPER invoice, anywhere in USA. [actually called "DESTINATION" charge...all 50 states pay the same $880.]

If your car is DELIVERED at CAAP..............that was your $880 delivery.
If you "DELIVER" your car to PREFIX........ that was YOUR $880 delivery. {Reliable}
If your car DELIVERS to YOUR dealer...........that was your $880 delivery. {Reliable}

Anything 'custom' that you want Prefix to perform, NOT avail as a Viper Sales Code thru your Dodge Dealer, means you have to DELIVER your car to Prefix for that After-Sale work.

This uses up your one paid delivery. Ka-Ching: $880.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think if you have the twin turbo engine upgrade they are offering free shipping at RSI? One of these tuners is offering it. Enclosed transport costs are very high so you will need to spend a lot of money to make it worth their while for sure.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep. Jon's given you the deal. I learned this some time ago when I was considering some Prefix work. To have Prefix do customizing (other than what's on the standard menu), you have to add the cost of delivery from them to you to their customization cost. Unless you pick up the car yourself from Prefix.

Tony and I can work on splitting any pizza delivery charges for sure! :D

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think if you have the twin turbo engine upgrade they are offering free shipping at RSI? One of these tuners is offering it. Enclosed transport costs are very high so you will need to spend a lot of money to make it worth their while for sure.

Definitely an Underground Racing special. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960